Password

FIXED
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Password

Hi Jack.
I don’t think changing your webspace password specifically changes your account password. It’s the other way around. Have you tried changing your account password since the 6th August?
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mort7890
Pro
Fixes: 4

Hi @Gandalf 

In answer to your question No

I changed my account password on the 3rd August and my webspace password did not change hence my query.

Having changed nearly all my passwords (total 27 so far) due to a compromised account I would have presumed a refresh from your side would have cured that.

Regarding your comment on changing webspace password to reiterate I followed the instructions you get when you go to manage your webspace on the portal then the CGi part again on the portal to sign in. This gives the option of forgot password.

I have attached 3 screen shots F9 a, F9 b, & F9 c which then reverts back to F9 a, No email received even today whilst trying this.

Jack

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me Jack.
As a workaround since the forgot password tool at hosting.plus.net doesn’t appear to be working for you, can you change your account password, wait an hour then let me know if that updates your webspace password automatically please?
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mort7890
Pro

Hi @Gandalf 

Changed account password as requested.

The router automatically changed password, clicked send/receive email that prompted me to change password for mail on all my equipment.

Went to FTP and edit the details for homepages, put in new password and guess what "Password Not Allowed", reverted back to my original password and that still works.

So no it is not changing the password.

Jack

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks Jack. I’d recommend allowing an hour for the password to update in the webspace component as per my previous responses. Let us know how it goes.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

As an update if your new account password still doesn’t allow you to login to the FTP server after allowing an hour, does the password happen to contain any single or double quotes, spaces, @ signs, pound signs or backslashes? They’re forbidden characters, if you’re using one of them can you try setting an account password without them letting me know how it goes?
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mort7890
Pro

Hi @Gandalf 

New password has just worked after 3 attempts and over an hour from changing.

BTW if I had used forbidden characters surely the account password would not have worked.

Regards and thanks

Jack

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @mort7890 I'm glad to see that your webspace password has updated automatically following changing your account password Thumbs_Up We fixed that on the 6th August.

BTW if I had used forbidden characters surely the account password would not have worked.

Yup you're right, I realised that after hitting the post button. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet