Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Office printout problem

FIXED
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Open Office printout problem

Occasionally, I need to produce a small financial spread sheet, about 8 to 10  normal size columns across, and about 25 to 30 lines down..  I use Open Office for this, and on screen everything is good and looks like it should fit on a Landscape page with ease.... ..

However, when I want to print it out,  It splits the columns into two or three separate pages.... even if i "orientate" the printed paper settings to "Landscape".. meaning I have to cut out the "white space" on each page, and stick them together... not very "professional"  ! !

anyone got any ideas to solve the problem , please.

9 REPLIES 9
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Re: Open Office printout problem

Does it look like a load of white space in each column? If so change down the size of the columns, or make them "fit".
Or try the fit to page option.
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

I don't use Open Office so can only give general advice.
What I would check is that the page layout within OO matches that of your printer settings and also use print preview to see what is expected.
shutter
Community Veteran

@HairyMcbiker    No... there is a large "outer" area as if the columns have been split into ( say 3 cols ) and then printed in the middle of the page... "portrait" version... and similar for "landscape version". 

The columns are default size, with the "normal" 00.00 format for the cash entries.

Will try to remember the "fit to page" option ,... next time... ( not doing one now, so dont want to waste paper trying !  !   )

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

@shutter

Jerry do what i do when testing , one thats incorrect print on otherside Smiley  so not to waste paper Thumbs_Up

when you get it right Use a new sheet Wink

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Fix
Just fired up my copy, when you open the print preview you can see how many pages it will use, and if you look at the last tab (sheet) you can change the scaling mode (mine is set to fit print range.
shutter
Community Veteran

@rongtw Yes, agreed ! ! .. Don`t do much printing anyway... but thanks

@HairyMcbiker Ah... Ok... thanks for the tip....    Can`t remember, but I think it did actually shrink the cell sizes to about print size 10 and was difficult to view... but will dig one out, and see...( using the reverse side if necessary ! ! )

Wink

shutter
Community Veteran

@HairyMcbiker  OK... Got it !... there is a "Format Page" on the top toolbar... which can set the layout  and that seems to have done the trick....  got it all showing on "Print Preview" as on one page of A4 landscape... so again... Thank you for your help.

Much appreciated.

Pete11
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Hasn't Open Office got a 'Fit to Page' option when first opening 'Print'?..or is this printer dependent. When I go to print stuff that doesn't fit on A4 normally, I can click on Fit to Page option and all I need prints on to 1 A4 page.

My printer is Epson.

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
shutter
Community Veteran

@Pete11  Yes it has.... but it still needs the  "Format Page" as mentioned just now !.