Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Norton Login Problem

FIXED
ColG
Fixes: 1

Norton Login Problem

My Norton Security appears to be working, but I recently tried to login to my account and received a message "unable to connect to the server" Error 8510, 102. The problem affects both my computers (both Windows 10) and iPAD when connected to the router, but not my mobile phone when using the EE server. I have disabled both the Norton firewall, and the Hub 1 Firewall but the problem persists. Rebooting the computer and the Hub 1 makes no difference. Has anyone else had a similar problem, or suggestions how to fix?

6 REPLIES 6
bigade
Hooked

Re: Norton Login Problem

Hi. Same problem here. Turning off wifi on mobile, it connects fine via 4G so must be a firewall or similar problem within the IP server links.

Dick_Maliska

Same issue here - had a chat session with Symantec this morning around 8AM (Eastern) with a promise to get back to me. It is now 2:20 and I have not heard from them. Same issue persists. My ISP is WOW and perhaps the issue lies there...?

bigade
Hooked

All sorted. Switched off router and Fibre Box for 1 hour. Reset and got a new IP address assigned, now all working.

ColG
Fixes: 1

Fix

Thank you both. Prompted by bigade's solution I simply tried to login again and it worked. I have previously rebooted the router which didn't fix the problem, but Dick's conversation with Symantic probably caused them to look at the issue and fix it. So happy now all working!

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note.

Moved to tech help as it wasn't a PN issue
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

A couple of weeks ago I was renewing a copy of Norton for a client.  I had so much difficulty logging in that I had to give up and come back a week later, when everything worked properly.  Norton (Symantec) obliges you to register on their web site but don't seem capable of keeping it working reliably.