Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nest Protect

FIXED
drnicktan
Fixes: 1

Nest Protect

Hi all,
Have purchased a Nest Protect and having difficulties connecting to WiFi via Technicolor 582n router. Getting a P008 (0.64) error code on Nest App (iOS) when attempting to set the Nest Protect up. Have following troubleshooting help via Nest Support site, and have emailed for help, but waiting a response. On doing some googling, am wondering if this is a problem with IPv6 as apparently Nest Protect can only connect to routers with IPv6 support. On digging through router settings, can find some reference to IPv6 settings, but not sure exactly what I am doing. Is this a router problem which can be fixed via settings, or would I need to get a new router which is compatible? Any help appreciated!
Nick
3 REPLIES 3
midori
Dabbler

Re: Nest Protect

Try search this forum for "IPv6". As I understand when I searched Plusnet cannot handle IPv6. My HUB1 modem came with it disabled.

ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

According to the Nest Protect instructions you need to run IPv6 on your local network (heaven knows why).  So whether or not Plusnet can handle IPv6 is irrelevant.    

drnicktan
Fixes: 1

Fix

Problem solved! I found on the Nest website a similar issue with WiFi connecting,and my connection problem was because I had a wireless extender transmitting the same SSID. I turned the wireless extender off, and all works now. Didn't really need the wireless extender as only use the spare LAN ports on it anyway. Hope this might help someone in the future.