Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Muffled sound.

FIXED
Minivanman
Legend
Fixes: 1

Muffled sound.

Does anybody here know why and quite often, the sound from YouTube on TV via my existing blue tooth headphones is often muffled, yet if I plug directly into my Kindle with mini headphones the sound is always much clearer.

Duff blue tooth and/or headphones when watching TV... or both. Other TV channels OK, it's just with YouTube.

It's a bit of a head scratcher t'be sure. 

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
6 REPLIES 6
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: Muffled sound.

Sort of unrelated but I used to occasionally get lower sound on my TV and it was simply a dirty connector which meant I was only getting one channel instead of stereo, half the sound.

I was going to suggest it may be some sort of stereo problem but if other channels are OK I don't know.

daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

Not totally relevant but good advice: https://www.yoursoundmatters.com/stop-listening-to-music-on-youtube/

The frequency compression of much Youtube could be the culprit

Minivanman
Legend

Thanks @daveplus I'll take a butchers.

Even with sound compression though, it does not explain why the sound is clear using hardwired headphones on my Kindle. 

PS. from a quick look, I don't know how anybody would even think about using YouTube as their "primary listening platform" but having said that and even though my ears are far from perfect, music via my sound bar I find more than adequate.

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@daveplus wrote:

Not totally relevant but good advice: https://www.yoursoundmatters.com/stop-listening-to-music-on-youtube/

The frequency compression of much Youtube could be the culprit

I agree @daveplus and having read the article you've linked it quite rightly, although not in so many words, brings up that old argument about lossy vs lossless music formats. (i.e. mp3 et al versus FLAC etc.)

To quote part of the final paragraph,  "Listening to music on YouTube is like consuming fast food. It’s quick, cheap, and delivers some result, but ultimately, you’re left unsatisfied." says it all.

daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

Fix
Minivanman
Legend

Cheers @daveplus  'Sounds the biz'. 😎

Thanks for your help.

Herman Melville