Can you tell me why I keep getting this message'

Clipboard01 (2).jpg

10 REPLIES 10
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Message in Thunderbird

I'm pretty sure that's because that mail server isn't an IMAP server as Thunderbird suggests. Can you try using imap.plus.net? Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
widgetwilk39
Dabbler

Sorry, how do I do that???

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

It'd be an option when you set up your emails in Thunderbird. Does this guide help? https://products.secureserver.net/email/email_thunderbird.htm

[edit]

Obviously you'd need to replace the servers and settings given in the above guide with what we advise here https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/How-to-get-your-e-mails-through-a-e-mail-client/td-p/1598809

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
widgetwilk39
Dabbler

Understand now, but to be honest I had so much trouble getting my Plusnet account set up in Thunderbird,  I am now frighten to do anything, think I might just have to ignore it, a click makes it go away.

Thank you so much for your help.

Mook
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 9

@widgetwilk39 Does this help?

On Thunderbird select the Tools Menu and from there the Account Settings option (near the bottom)

From the list of account(s) select "Server Settings" from your Plusnet Account and use what you see below:

IMAP.png

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Probably worth having a quick read of the difference between POP3 & IMAP.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

widgetwilk39
Dabbler

I'm going mad with this, think I might have solved sending, but am getting this pop up now saying,

Your message was sent but a copy was not placed in your sent folder (Sent) due to network or file access errors.
You can retry or save the message locally to Local Folders/Sent-ann@username.plus.com.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Personal information removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

I'm guessing that its trying to store the message in the sent folder on the mail server - which is what IMAP would do whilst you are (probably) using the POP3 protocol which ought to store a copy of the sent mail on your PC.

You could try including yourself as a bcc recipient when you send mail - but it won't properly solve your problem.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Mook
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 9

@widgetwilk39 Does this help?

This is the Copies and Folders Options

Folders.png

Use this dialog to set where you want your copies kept, with the best option being Plusnet, so you can access them from another mail client.

You can select where to store the emails by selecting from the lists.

widgetwilk39
Dabbler

I've got a tick in the 'Sent Folder' that to me is where they should be.