Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linux Mint 16 & Libre Office Printing problem

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Linux Mint 16 & Libre Office Printing problem

Yesterday, I typed a letter, and printed it, using Linux Mint 16 and Libre Office.... Nothing weird there...
However, when I pressed the "print" control on the FILE menu.... I got 3 copies.... ( yes I defined the number of copies as 1 )...
So I ditched two, and never thought any more about it... switched off the printer... closed Libre Office ( after saving the document). and carried on... then a pop up notification appeared... Printing xxx doc....  then another...... then another.... then another.... this continued for about 10 notifications...  in the next hour...
For a couple of hours, nothing ... then up comes this notification message again.... and again... and again... for another 10 or so...
One even said... cancelling print operation....
I did do a re-boot, and hoped that would clear it ... but no.... late last night.. it was still poppin up.... ignored it.. closed down for the night about midnite 
Booted up this morning... and.... You guessed it ..  Printing xxxx doc...... ( the same one a yesterday)....
How does this happen... is it "normal" with Linux ? 
How do I stop it wanting to print this document everytime I switch on the printer ?
6 REPLIES 6
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Re: Linux Mint 16 & Libre Office Printing problem

Very strange never had that issue.
To fix it open the little printer icon on the status bar, next to the clock.
Right click on the job and then choose cancel.
I would check the preferences in LO for printing, and also the printer properties.
shutter
Community Veteran

Been out this morning for a couple of hours... re-booted... no notification messages .... so far... also... no "printer" icon next to the clock... switched on printer... still no icon...however the screen on the printer said...."printing"... then changes to "paper out    Load Paper"... which I don`t want to do cos I don`t want any more copies ! ! ...
Huh
What is "LO"... and where do I find it  ?
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

LO = Libre Office
You could just open the printers applet by Clicking the menu and typing in "Printer" then click on the app.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Never happened to me - you could look at the more recent log files in /var/log/cups/
Not optimistic you will find anything though.
You can configure (careful!) CUPS via your web browser using a nice GUI at http://localhost:631/
I suggest you try the Jobs tab.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

shutter
Community Veteran

OK.. have solved this printing problem by removing the printer... ( found it under Menu> System Settings)... and then re-installed it using local host... ) 
This particular problem is now solved... and subject closed.... However... I have changed my other thread title to "Problems on Virtual box Mint 16 "  and included a printer/usb problem concerning running XP in virtual box...
Mods may lock this thread. Wink
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Locked in favour of http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,125345.0.html at OPs request.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine