cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues connecting to wifi ?

sandyk57
Dabbler

Issues connecting to wifi ?

Hi this is my first post so sorry if it's in the wrong place. I am having issues connecting my iphone 6s to wifi - when i click on plusnet and try to go on my broadband it takes me to the router hub management page and asks me to log in - it says my phone is connected but its not is there anyone out there that can offer some advice please and thanks
28 REPLIES 28
bill888
Champion
Fixes: 38

Re: Issues connecting to wifi ?

What is the router model number (eg. Hub One, Hub Zero/2704n)  ?

Do other wireless devices connect to internet OK ?

ex-Plusnet (ADSL, FTTC) 2008-2023. now BT (FTTP) 2023-
sandyk57
Dabbler

hi it's a plus net one router - and i can attach my laptop ok  i've tried resetting the hub - resetting the wifi connection on my iphone 6s but nothing changes

ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

@sandyk57 wrote:
 when i click on plusnet and try to go on my broadband it takes me to the router hub management page and asks me to log in - it says my phone is connected but its not is there anyone out there that can offer some advice please and thanks

I don't know what you mean by 'when i click on Plusnet'.  But if you get to the router hub management page then you must indeed have a wifi connection.  And once you have the wifi connection there is no need to do anything else, just go ahead and surf.  Open Safari and go.

bill888
Champion

If you still cannot use Safari to navigate to external websites as advised by ReedRichards, see if the follwoing helps, because there are known issues when using IOS devices with the Hub One.

You may need to separate (un-sync) the 2.4 and 5 GHz wifi bands.

Use a web browser and go to 192.168.1.254 to bring up the web admin page. Log into the hub.

Navigate to the page shown below and make two changes shown below and save the settings.

(eg. Just append '-5GHz' or something similar to the 'Wireless SSID')

Adv.Setting-Wireless-5GHz.jpg

ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro

@bill888 wrote:

...there are known issues when using IOS devices with the Hub One.

Known issues that would allow access to the router management interface but not to the Internet?

sandyk57
Dabbler

When you get the options n of which wifi provider to log in to my bb is plusnet so I click have entered the password it then take some to the hub page asking me to log in
sandyk57
Dabbler

@bill888 wrote:

If you still cannot use Safari to navigate to external websites as advised by ReedRichards, see if the follwoing helps, because there are known issues when using IOS devices with the Hub One.

You may need to separate (un-sync) the 2.4 and 5 GHz wifi bands.

Use a web browser and go to 192.168.1.254 to bring up the web admin page. Log into the hub.

Navigate to the page shown below and make two changes shown below and save the settings.

(eg. Just append '-5GHz' or something similar to the 'Wireless SSID')

Adv.Setting-Wireless-5GHz.jpg

bill888 where you have highlighted 5GHz it just says the name of my router Plusnet-JNJM nothing else do you want me to put somthing after this (sorry not very tech savvy just know the basics) thanks

bill888
Champion

yes.

btw, are we still led to believe you still can't use safari to access websites if you ignore the Hub login page?

sandyk57
Dabbler

Done that no change and if I ignore the hub page it takes me out of the network
sandyk57
Dabbler

Hi when I go to wifi setting on my phone I get this first pic then when I select it goes to the second pic
bill888
Champion

Correction:

Looks like you are being shown the hub login page (showing incorrect Broadband username, setup@plusdsl.net), and then being prompted to choose a wifi network to enter the password, or is it the other way around?

What happens when you choose one of the Plusnet-JNJM wifi networks and enter the wifi password ?

On your laptop, can you go to the hub admin page at 192.168.1.254 and navigate to this page and double check your Plusnet account username and password are displayed. Adv.Settings-Broadband-Internet.jpg

sandyk57
Dabbler

So how do I change it to my name please
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro

You did not answer the question; what do you see on your laptop?  Superficially it looks as if your Hub is in a pre-operational state trying to reset itself.  I am surprised you can get an internet connection on any device under those circumstances.    

bill888
Champion

Go to the above mentioned hub admin page and manually type in your plusnet account username & password.  Press the button at bottom of the page to save the settings.  It is the same username and password you use to log into the Plusnet website to access your account for billing etc. 

Make sure the username ends in '@plusdsl.net'.  

eg.   myusername@plusdsl.net

You may need to restart the hub after saving the settings.  

If the username and password are entered incorrectly, the laptop won't be able to surf the web.

Earlier, when you said you 'reset' the Hub One, did you actually logged into the Hub One and performed a 'factory reset', or pressed the 'reset' button on the rear of the hub with a pin?  Or did you mean to say you just turned the hub off and on using the power button ?

Have you joined Plusnet only recently?

The Hub One should have retrieved your account username and password automatically, but it hasn't.  Your account 'might' not be set up correctly.