cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hive hub connection

nduff1

Hive hub connection

I have just purchased a hive and am having difficulty getting the hub to connect to the internet through my plusnet router. I have contacted plusnet and hive and neither can offer solutions. Anyone else had this issue? Many thanks in advance
5 REPLIES 5
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: Hive hub connection

@nduff1  If you have another router, try to connect via that ... ( so long as it is not "locked" to the ISP, like the Plusnet one is )... if no other router available, buy a cheap one on ebay... ( unlocked of course ) always good to have a spare, anyway.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@nduff1 - what hub are you using and are you able to describe the symptoms of the problem in more detail.

I have a Hive Hub on my network and from personal experience, I've never had a problem connecting it to any of the routers we supply.

Do you have our Safeguard parental controls service activated, and if so, have you tried temporarily disabling it to see if it helps?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

nduff1

Hi it doesn’t say what version it’s a small square one. The green light flashes as though it’s trying to connect but the light turns solid green when it’s connected this does not happen even after over 30 minutes. I have tried all the resets and rebooting etc. we don’t have the parental controls activated.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Sorry, should have been clearer - I was referring to your router version, rather than the Hive Hub.

Just to be clear: you do have it wired to one of the router's ethernet ports, yes?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

nduff1

Yes wired to an Ethernet port. Been on the phone to hive again and they asked me to do a speed test and have suggested the upload speed (0.6mbp) is too slow awaiting a call back from another team at hive