Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HG612 Setup and Config

FIXED
Sparks1
Fixes: 1

HG612 Setup and Config

Hello
I got hold of an HG612 and replaced the firmware with the latest unlocked version with a Webui recommended by Kitz.

I want to use this as a FTTC/VDSL modem and connect it to my Google WiFi router for the WiFi and DHCP etc.

I plugged in the HG612 into the line and it seemed to connect however I have not yet found where I configure any username password combinations.
When I plugged my laptop into eth1 and eth2 I could not seem to get out to the outside world.

Given my setup plan, can anyone help with what setting I need, such as do I leave this in bridged mode or change it?

I would like to make use of both available ethernet ports, one into my WiFi router and one into the main homeplug, is this possible?

Do I need to set up my account info somewhere to get the PPPoE/A to connect?

I appreciate any help 😊
Tags (3)
8 REPLIES 8
Sparks1

Re: HG612 Setup and Config

Fix

Ahhh ,I've found where I configure the PPPoE details on the Google Wifi and having set this, the connection works fine using the default settings on the Modem.

I've resolved this now.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Good to hear you got it working, I was going to reply to your first post but having very little knowledge of the Google Wifi I waited to see if anyone else responded. I had a quick look at Google wifi set up and saw no information about setting up the PPPoE info which is what is needed to work with the modem in its default bridge mode. Now you've cracked it.Smiley

mwdthomas

Hi,

Sorry to open up the same ticket again but how/where did you enter your Plusnet details?

I'm using Nest Wifi and it says there's no online connection when I plug the Nest Router into the hg612 via LAN1 port. 

Thanks

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

@mwdthomas  see here https://support.google.com/wifi/answer/6246630?hl=en-GB

set the Nest  to PPPoE with username as <youraccountname>@plusdsl.net and password as the one you use to access the member centre

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Sparks1

Also don't forget your HG612 must be in bridged mode
baku911

Hi Sparks1,

Can I ask where did you get the latest firmware version for the HG612? Did you get it from kitz forum? The very first post on the broadband hardware page titled "HG612 Firmwares [New H-Wolf version] (Updated 9 Aug 2014)"?

Sparks1

It's been a while since I set up my HG612 fw but yes I'm pretty sure I got it from kitz or a link from their forum.
baku911

It seems to be the only link out there, so just going to download it and try it when the modem arrives. Thanks a lot! Much appreciated!