Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect Smart TV to the Internet

FIXED
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: Connect Smart TV to the Internet

The fact that you have no DNS set is more than a clue, it's a reason, probably the reason, your internet connection does not actually work.  Normally it would get set to the same IP address as the router, if done automatically.  However the Google DNS servers would work equally well or possibly better.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@feilim, from reading the last few posts it would appear that this is indeed the problem. As you have followed @Anoush’s advice you also need to add the DNS server addresses as given by @Mustrum. Once you have added these addresses I think you’ll find that the TV will now connect to the internet in the way you expect.

However this doesn’t explain why when using DHCP it doesn’t work. As pointed out by others here the information you added manually should be assigned automatically when the connection is set to DHCP. It should really be plug and play.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 396

However this doesn’t explain why when using DHCP it doesn’t work.

We've seen on here in the past that some Panasonic TV's didn't work with DHCP and had to have IP's set manually. Maybe Sony are using some of the same software ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

feilim
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

I don't know. All settings been done correct with IP etc but not connecting to App Store etc
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

The only thing I can suggest is to click on the following link - <Click me> - note the numbers given there under Primary DNS and Secondary DNS, type this in and see if they work.....

I really can't see what's missing from the other contributions, unless your TV doesn't like Google's DNS for any odd reason.

My only other thought is to change the IP address suggested by Anoush on the previous page to something like 192.168.1.200

Do any other apps work, iPlayer for example?

edit to tidy up the click me link

feilim
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Fix
All fixed 😊. Done a factory reset on tv and when setting up tv it asked for wifi password and that was everything working. I can now access all apps etc again. Sometimes turning everything off and on again works the best lol. Thanks to everyone who helped me. I hope this topic helps someone in the future.
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Yay. Thanks for letting us know.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

ditto

At times, a factory reset and start again is all it needs Wink

If you do have issues in the future, it will probably wifi related, so either pop back here or connect it via ethernet (and leave it connected like that if you can)

ashley1001

Hi, this worked for me as well. I did a factory reset on my Sony Smart TV and then connected to the One Hub router using the WPS option on the TV.