Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chromebook

Minivanman
Legend
Fixes: 1

Chromebook

Do we have any Chromebook users here?

Getting to grips with mine and along with much else, I'm still trying to figure out how to place a toolbar on top of the 'my files' page - only from what I am reading it is supposed be there, only it ain't.

All other pages are fine, it's just not there on 'my files'.

Checked in the extensions menu found under setting : tools : extensions but a toolbar option for that 'my files' page is not shown.

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
4 REPLIES 4
maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Chromebook

I don't think I can help with your specific query,  or anything else relating to Chromebook. I am currently researching how to turn an old Windows XP laptop into a Chromebook. 

I don't know why I replied really, maybe just to be friendly, and hopefully keep track of this thread so I can learn something.

My other car isn't a Ferrari
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@maranello  Your old WIndows XP laptop would cope well with ZORIN16 LITE.  and you can run windows programs on it. too ! ..

https://blog.zorin.com/2021/12/08/zorin-os-16-lite-is-here/

Its FREE and you can run it as a "new install"... or as a 2nd boot option, keeping your windows xp ...

It will be updated regularly, and will make the old machine seem like new ! .

Minivanman
Legend
Fixes: 1

@maranello 

Appreciated.

Did not really expect a solution but it always surprises at what folks know around here - so it was worth a shot.

Might try a link up with a Chromebook community on somewhere like facebook.

Cheers.  👍

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

@shutter 

Thanks, I'll take a look. 

My other car isn't a Ferrari