cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow VPN

rissychadwick

Allow VPN

I understand that by default, the PlusNet network blocks access to VPN providers' websites. Can someone here take that block off or should I raise a ticket somehow?

I want to work from home using remote access but it is not vpn enabled how can I do this as plusnet said they have not been trained so don't know how too!

4 REPLIES 4
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Allow VPN

We don’t block access to VPNs, unless the broadband firewall on your account is set to High. There’s instructions Here on how to access this to check and make changes to the firewall. 

Do you get any particular error when you try to connect to your VPN?

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
rissychadwick

Thanks iv done that but I’m trying to work from home using remote access but it’s not allowing me to our computer support says it’s because of VPN access can you advise how I can fix this please?
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Is there a VPN on the "remote" (works) computer  ?  

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

What error do you get when you try to connect?

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button