cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AirPrint WiFi

bryanfan
Hooked

AirPrint WiFi

I desperately need help printing from well everything laptop, Ipad and phone. I have to turn router off then on again every time I want to print from any of my devices, I have
HP ENVY 4500e-All-in-One Printer, HP Queras Laptop Apple iPad and phone. Always get same message no air printer found until router switched then on again, so annoying so please can anyone help and not make it too confusing Cry
7 REPLIES 7
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: AirPrint WiFi

Have you tried assigning the printer a static IP?
Normally this can be done on router's user interface.
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

What router are you using?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
doctor_bob

Hi There. We have exactly the same problem: using an HP officeJet 3831, it regularly loses connection to the WiFi network (undetectable by AirPrint) and can only be restored to the network by restarting the Router. We have a Technicolor TG582n router, and I have already tried giving the printer a fixed IP address, which did not stop this happening.

I have seen on the forum that the router is not used any more and the firmware version is the latest I have seen on line, so if it incompatible with AirPrint would it be possible to get a more up-to-date router?

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

A lot of wifi printers are rather flakey - if you have the option of a wired (ethernet or USB) connection it may be worth trying.

What happens if you "reboot" the printer? Cheesy

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

doctor_bob

Rebooting the printer does not help. Indeed we got a new printer to try to fix this: it has shown the same behaviour with two printers (both HP). 

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

I had the same issue when I was using a BT HH5A - the same as a Hub1, I changed routers, and now use a Netgear D7000 and it is less of an issue, but still happens now and then - just much less more often.

wyorks

I had this problem recently.

The problem seems to be when the printer is on 2.4ghz and device you print from is on 5ghz.   These 2 default to same ssid, but are different wifi networks.

I changed one SSID with a suffix so I can make sure I'm connected to the one with the printer.