cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

your customer service is TERRIBLE !!!

GD
Dabbler

your customer service is TERRIBLE !!!

I've been a customer for ONE DAY !!!  Yes just one day, and already I've been given the run around, passed from person to person, tech support who won't help or don't know how to...  and after saying i was cancelling our account i'm then spoken to as if you staff are some kind of bailiffs, saying  "you can't, you're in a contract" !!  What an awful way to deal with customers.
Your rather stupid tech support staff suggested I "take my computer to a service centre to be looked at".  What kind of advice is that?  Especially when I know there is NOTHING wrong with my laptop.
It's only after deciding to leave you as a customer and saying so, I was put through to a tech support guy who really knew his stuff and solved the problem after about an hour or so.  He said it was bad the way I'd been treated and told me to complain properly.
So I go on your terribly designed website, and do you think I can find where to complain - oh no...  of course not.  So I'm forced to phone Plusnet once again, where I find someone who keeps telling me I'm wrong and to follow his instructions to the complaint page...  AND GUESS WHAT?  He couldn't reach it either, telling me there's something wrong with the website!!!  Can you believe that?  I can.
So it's impossible to complain and you give false links to customers (that's actually illegal Plusnet), it takes me most of the day to actually get online with you, I'm given wrong and awful advice on solving the issue that moving to you created...  AND to top it all, the last guy I speak to offers me compensation... of ...wait for it...  £3.50 !!!!
Yes, three bloody pounds fifty pence !  Plusnet, you are terrible...  from someone who's been a customer for just 1 day, I shall not be recommending you to ANYONE.  Quite the reverse, I'll just tell them the truth of what happened and how you deal with customers.

13 REPLIES 13
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

Re: your customer service is TERRIBLE !!!

i'm sure plusnet will be happy to relieve a person like you from their contract.
you do realise if you spoke like that to the CS reps in the way you've posted here then it's no surprise you got those responses.
shouting, ranting, claiming illegality etc etc.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Not sure why they couldn't find the link!
Help & Support
Scroll down to Help Assistant and click Ask a Question
Click Customer Services
Second from last is Making a Complaint
That takes you to https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=wizard&page=22909&wizard_id=38
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi GD,
I'm really sorry to hear that you've not had the best of starts with our Technical Support Team. I can see that you've been in contact with us on a number of occasions regarding a Data Transfer Issue on one of your devices, I'm glad that Ben has been able to help and resolve that issue for you.
I can understand why my colleague, Chris has advised to have the affected device to be looked at as other devices on your network, at the time appeared to work without any problems. I wasn't on the call, so I'm not in a position to be able to comment on how the call was handled. From your comments here, it's clear to me that this wasn't handled to your satisfaction, for which I'm really sorry.
With regards to our Complaints Procedure, as Jelv has mentioned above, there is a journey for raising an Official Complaint as highlighted above, I appreciate that in the midst of the issues you've experienced you were unable to locate it, I'll take that as feedback as we should be making this easy enough for you to find in case you do have a Complaint to make.
Changing the DNS on the affected device appears to have resolved the issue, this is something that our Technical Support Team would change as a last resort as it should work perfectly fine without that change being required. We wouldn't normally offer compensation for something that is outside of our control, our Support Teams have given their best advice to you based on their knowledge of the situation in-hand.
I have received Ticket: 88297463 in relation to your Complaint which I will deal with personally. I will reply back to this ticket as soon as I can.
Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience we've caused.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Actually, if you put "complaint" in to the search box at the top of the portal pages the first match is http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/complaints_code_of_practice.shtml which gives a quicker link and directions to the same place as I gave.
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Worth pointing out that typing 'Plusnet Complaints' directs you to:
http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/complaints_code_of_practice.shtml
This page is currently broken however and comes up blank.  The source of the page is:
<SCRIPT language="javascript"><!--
window.location = '/error.html?hostname=portal07
&strErrorRef=ERROR140491682472841300';
// -->
</SCRIPT><NOSCRIPT><META HTTP-EQUIV="refresh" CONTENT="00;URL=/error.html?hostname=portal07
&strErrorRef=ERROR140491682472841300"></NOSCRIPT>
jelv
Seasoned Hero

That's the same link as I gave and it displays correctly for me.
pwatson
Rising Star

Works for me in Firefox, but not Chrome (on a Mac)
I'll try on a PC in a bit...
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

@pwatson, that link works fine for me, i am using Chrome
Chris, surely it would be a good idea to have the complaints information and direct link to opening a complaint question on the contact us page ?
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jelv
Seasoned Hero

Works for me using Chrome Version 35.0.1916.153 m on Win 7 (32)
pwatson
Rising Star

I've seen another thread about the main Plusnet site not working for another user - I'll follow up there
GD
Dabbler

Yes, the link to make a complaint isn't working - no broken link, it just links back to the Plusnet home page.  The service rep I was speaking with on the phone tried it himself and found it not working either.  He said it'll be fixed tonight.  So I'm currently not able to fill in the complaint form.
And "chenks76", grow up, if you're going to troll around here and make rude comments that help absolutely no one here - or add to the thread - just piss off and keep your nose out of other people business.  These are all serious comments I posted, and yes I am angry with Plusnet for good reason.  Posting here alerted Plusnet to serious issues, and I was able to solve some things.  And yes, believe it or not "chenks76", but it is actually illegal for a company to publicly state that their customers can do a particular something when in fact they can't - ie their website not working as it is supposed to.  Just go back to trolling twitter or something similar...
And thanks Chris (from Plusnet) for replying, appreciated.  I'll reply to your private message about the DNS problem.
GD
Dabbler

...and thank Jelv, yes - that link now works.  It wasn't earlier - I guess they must have fixed it.  They Plusnet guy I was on the phone with, who also saw the link didn't work, said it'll be fixed immediately.
And yes, as others here said, they shouldn't hide that link and make it difficult to find.  It should be very clear indeed...
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Thanks for that, I've replied again for you.