cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

will my engineer arrive?

mrobson1985
Dabbler

will my engineer arrive?

currently waiting on am engineer to do my fibre install on a 1-6pm appointment. Should i hold out much hope of him arriving at this time on a Friday? Missed call from a mobile on the house phone at 11am today but no message left so i hope he hasn't decided not to bother as i was at work at that time.
26 REPLIES 26
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: will my engineer arrive?

It looks like there may have been a delay on the order I'm afraid. I'm going to gain some more details and I'll get back to you soon.
Adam
EDIT: I've just calling but unfortunately there was no answer on the landline or the mobile number listed. I can see from the engineer notes that they've said they attended at 16:07 and were unable to gain access.
An appointment has been made by them for the 30th.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mrobson1985
Dabbler

If theres a delay then why haven't i been informed before now? Nearly 4 weeks since i booked the appointment and I've taken time off work especially for this installation.
mrobson1985
Dabbler

I've been sat Im the house since 1pm and haven't left the room so there has been no attendance and when i went to answer the landline the line went dead.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Oh no, yet another lying engineer who said they couldn't get access. Angry
Just to double check: are all the details (including both phone numbers) show here correct: https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=view_details&s=0
Have you had to take time off work to be there for the appointment?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

The delay is the issue that was encountered today and not something we were previously aware of.
The line did ring out quite a few times so maybe you answered just as I hung up.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mrobson1985
Dabbler

I answered the landline within 5rings otherwise it goes to our answer machine so didn't ring for that long. So what is this delay that was unforeseen that then meant an invisible engineer couldn't access my house?
The details on the link are indeed correct.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

The engineer claiming lack of access today was the reason for the delay. I'd posted about a delay on my initial reply before I'd found out the precise reason for it.
We can sometimes get an earlier appointment arranged which I will look at for you next week.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mrobson1985
Dabbler

Well i would like an explanation as to how an engineer can report non access when he hasn't been within 100yards at the time specified. When heis failed to gain access there was actually two of us here as my partner arrived home just before 4pm.
If you are informing me that another appointment will involve me waiting an additional 2weeks then i will be wholly disappointed. My service contract is with Plusnet and I expect this to be rectified ASAP. No doubt you will advise me it is an Openreach issue this is not my concern as they are your supplier to manage how you see fit. I don't feel it is right that I have lost £80 in wages this afternoon and will now need to take more time off to have this installation complete.
delaneya
Grafter

I really hope BT turn up today for me. After all I have asked my mum to go to my house and wait for him while I am at work. Not heard anything yet.
mrobson1985
Dabbler

I wouldn't hold your breath. I heard nothing from the engineer and then he claimed to not gain access when I was sat looking out the window!
I've now goto wait two weeks and then there's no guarantee the guy will arrive!
prettyflyguy
Grafter

Quote from: mrobson1985
Well i would like an explanation as to how an engineer can report non access when he hasn't been within 100yards at the time specified.

I think the problem is that the Openreach vans all have trackers fitted, so if an engineer decides to pull a fast one he can just do a drive by or park along the road  from your address for 2minutes and put it down as a no access as the tracker shows that they were there  Shocked
Quote from: mrobson1985
If you are informing me that another appointment will involve me waiting an additional 2weeks then i will be wholly disappointed.

Good luck with a 2 week delay, I have been waiting 9 weeks for my fibre install to be completed  Angry
Seems to be a lot of unhappy plusnet customers being messed about with install dates from what i been reading on the forums and no doubt billing problems to look forward to aswell
Don't know why I have even bothered to stick with them after this fiasco
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Quote from: prettyflyguy
Seems to be a lot of unhappy plusnet customers being messed about with install dates

Not just Plusnet as other ISP forums testify.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
mrobson1985
Dabbler

Any news on if I will see an engineer before the 30th? Also what time slot have I been allocated as I will yet again have to take leave from work to wait for this install.
Thanks.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I've made a request to see if we can get an earlier appointment for you. I should know if this has been possible tomorrow so I'll make sure I get back to you then.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team