cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why cant i leave

aaargh

why cant i leave

i have tried to go to a new supplier, they say you have put a personal message on my line which makes this impossible.  I am currently 26 minutes into my third attempt at speaking to someone.  Ive been a customer for three and a half years.  Funny how i can get on to someone selling me a much cheaper than i pay at the moment package in seconds.  They apparently are trading from a sealed office with no contact with any other members of plusnet staff.  They cant transfer my call they cant take my number and get someone to phone me back they cant sell me new business because i dont qualify, i just pay over the odds for rubbish service... ive listened to pulp disco 2000, abc shoot that poisoned arrow and all the rest of your hold button chart toppers at least three times now and have messaged facebook page but got nowhere.... WHY.... i cant go anywhere else because of some dodgy thing on my line which prevents me going to another supplier.... i can get a one pound a month discount if i stay!!! whoo hoo... two people phoned me last week asking me did i fancy this remarkable offer... but now i want to speak to someone its not a possibility.  Is this a joke/?
3 REPLIES 3
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: why cant i leave

Hi there,
It was myself that you spoke with on Facebook, as I am manning the page for the evening.
I'm sorry that I couldn't come to a better resolution for you, but there's only a five minute queue for our Customer Options team at the moment (subject to change of course).
I've checked your line and I can't see anything that will stop your new provider from placing an order. We'd certainly get in a lot of trouble if we maliciously stopped you from leaving, so let me assure you that there's no intent. Did the new provider elaborate on what this "dodgy thing" on your line would be?
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
aaargh

they said its a personal greeting, ive just had a quick google and other people have had the same problem. its not my personal greeting its put on by plusnet apparently. thats as much as i know and to be perfectly frank,,,, i dont care i just want to leave.... this is th problem and as for the five minute wait! ive spent well over an hour on this tonight i think,,, and i might just be being a little bit old fashioned... someone from plusnet should ring me... They did last week twice to try and get me to stay... they even offered me a quid off!!!!
check this site out... its a bit of a dig through but youll see similar problems from other ex customers... its not right its sneaky and if not malicious its gotta be considered at least a teeny weeny bit underhand.  LET ME GO!
http://www.broadband.co.uk/broadband/providers/plusnet/reviews/page:all/
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

The 'personal greeting' is in the name(On the ordering system) of the free voicemail feature we offer, however I've never seen or heard of voicemail affecting another provider taking the services over, although I am aware that we have problems taking over BT lines when BT Basics (Social Telephony) is on the line.
If you'd like, I can remove the voicemail feature from the line for you?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet