cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why can't I do a simple dial-up to broadband upgrade on-line?

stuck
Rising Star

why can't I do a simple dial-up to broadband upgrade on-line?

The subject says it all really.  I can't seem to find a way upgrade my PAYG Premier account to a Plusnet Value Broadand one via my member centre pages.
Or am I supposed to not log in to the portal and just use the sign-up process on PlusNet's home page - even though that wants me to create a new account?  I tried phoning but the little voice telling me the bad weather was slowing things down put me off from holding.
stuck
17 REPLIES 17
Mand
Grafter

Re: why can't I do a simple dial-up to broadband upgrade on-line?

Hi there,
It's not possible to upgrade to the new products from dial up via the account change tool unfortunately. You'll either need to raise a ticket to our support team advising which product you want, or sign up for a new broadband account.
stuck
Rising Star

Oh, so it's not me being dumb and not being able to find the necessary links.
OK, I'll raise a ticket.
stuck
stuck
Rising Star

Quote from: Mand
...You'll either need to raise a ticket to our support team advising which product you want...

Angry  So I did that last Thursday (7th Jan) and got an instant autoresponse giving ref 31459956 but since then NOTHING, 'My Question's still show it as 'Awaiting Support Team Answer'  Angry
Huh  Let's see, I've told you I want to buy one of your products, very clearly too, no reason to question which product I want and you ignore me.  Shocked
Explain to me very carefully why I should pursue this and not take my business elsewhere?
stuck
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
I'm really sorry this didn't get picked up in a reasonable time, your ticket is in one of the pools which have delays at the moment.
If you'd still like to go ahead I'll sort it for you personally?
stuck
Rising Star

Quote from: Mand
If you'd still like to go ahead I'll sort it for you personally?

Yes please.
NB, I'm at work so if you need to contact me, DON'T call my dial-up land line.  Send me an email because I can monitor that via webmail.
Thanks,
stuck
Mand
Grafter

I've kicked off the upgrade for you now, and have taken ownership of your ticket.
stuck
Rising Star

Smiley Im pleased to report that my dial-up to broadband upgrade has completed and so far everything is OK, except I'm still waiting for a reply to may last question on the ticket about this issue.
stuck
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi stuck,
I've replied on the ticket so there's full details there, but yes the PAYG dialup number does remain active on the account.
stuck
Rising Star

Angry Earth calling Plusnet...
Someone needs to read the ticket again, there's still more to be done, it's not closed yet
Roll_eyes
stuck
stuck
Rising Star

Thank you Matt for reacting to my gripe and progressing the ticket within minutes of me posting here.
I have asked one more question on the ticket.
If you/anyone could answer that one as quickly  we might finally be done with this upgrade.
stuck
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi stuck,
Sorry for not replying to this thread earlier. I'll address your ticket now, and glad I could help things on for you.
stuck
Rising Star

Angry
Oh dear, another oops by Plusnet.
You say:
>* Plusnet Value broadband starts at £5.99 a month for the first 3 months.
> If you live in one of our low cost areas  you'll then pay this price every month.
> If you live outside of one of these areas you'll then pay £11.99 a month thereafter.
So how come I've just had an email telling me that my SECOND direct debit is going to be £11.98?
Please follow this up via Ticket ID: 32156395, preferably in less time than the 18hr response time  Shocked  the ticket system tells me I should expect, otherwise I will have to temporarily stop my DD.
stuck
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Have you checked the accounts section as you may well find that there is another item - discount
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=view_transactions&s=0
stuck
Rising Star

No, NO discounts.
The bill I'm questioning shows two lines:
1  Value charge for the period 29-01-2010 to 28-02-2010  £5.10  £0.89  £5.99
1 Value charge for the period 19-02-2010 to 18-03-2010 £5.10 £0.89 £5.99
It's the first line that is wrong because:
a) It duplicates part of the period covered by the second line
AND
b) part of the period covered by the first bill.
That first bill doesn't give a date range but it should cover the period from when my contract started (19-01-2010) until a month later, i.e. 18-02-2010, which ties up with the second line of this bill.  Hence my objection to the first line.
This mistake by Plusnet will be connected with the fact that this was a dial-up to BB upgrade and it has required manual intervention at every step.  The first line will be an error because the upgrade went via the intermediate step of an obsolete (BB My way Option1) product and no one checked that the DD options were manually tweaked to take account of the fact I'd already paid for the first month.
Please can Plusnet staff sort this out QUICK.