cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wheres my mac code?

bollxd

wheres my mac code?

i asked for a mac code a few days ago........the customer service was fine untill she found out i wanted to leave plusnet.....(she got quite snotty) she siad she could def match my new isp deal but i refused because its sky and there doing my complete package tv broadband and phone for £30.......with free line rental for 12 months too........she said my mac would be availible through plusnet........? where????? before i could ask she slammed down the phone........? nice aye.........does anyone know where the mac will be........or will i have to just as snotty as her and recall.......most isp's give you the mac strait away not fart about and promise you it in a couple of days why is this....? not a very good servise i might add......... Cry
4 REPLIES 4
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: wheres my mac code?

Go to https://www.plus.net/my.html?action=questions&?helpheader=questions and select View: Questions in the last 28 days.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've taken a look over your account and I can see you spoke to the Customer Options Team today requesting your MAC, prior to that nobody had looked at your account in a long period. What day did you ask for your MAC and can you remember the name of who you spoke to as they certainly didn't look at your account?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
bollxd

hello
thanx for getting back to me april the 29th i 1st asked for it.....that was the 1st call i made.........monday the 10th was the second call i made.......cant remember the name of the person the 1st time i talked too....i dont keep names unless i'm going to complain etc....besides you expect the job to be done not to have to recall..........now i have to wait again.....i cant see why its taking so long.....and why does it take a couple of days to get a mac when all companys give you it instantly?....dont mean to have a go but its starting to annoy.........just seems like messing the customer about coz there leaving?    thanx Alex
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Quote from: bollxd
... why does it take a couple of days to get a mac when all companys give you it instantly?

I'm not sure that *all* ISP's will TBH.
The generation of your MAC is an automated process. It's issued a few days after it's requested in case a retention offer has been made. It gives you a few days to reconsider your situation in light of what our Customer Options Team might have advised you. In the grander scheme of things it doesn't make a great deal of difference as we require 10 days notice to cancel your account anyway (the MAC is provided within 5).

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵