cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac code.

torbayguy
Grafter

Mac code.

I requested my Mac code a couple of weeks ago, and am still waiting.
Plusnet, you know the Ofcom rules regarding mac codes, I would like mine today please.
Today I rang o2, they are giving me broadband with free security and a phoneline with anytime calls package for £20 a month, and they are also giving me 5 months free broadband, because thats what I currently have from Plusnet.
o2 have estimated my line speed at 18meg, but have said they will guarantee atleast 16meg or give me free broadband for the duration of my contract.
Thats a proper company, wouldnt you agree?
Compaire a guaranteed 16meg with the 9 or 10 that Im getting from Plusnet.

Hopefully within a week or so Plusnet will be a distant night mare.
20 REPLIES 20
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Mac code.

How did you request your MAC?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
torbayguy
Grafter

I phoned the cancellation number and was promised it would be emailed to me in a few days mate.
Another plusnet promise broken!
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Have you checked all recent closed tickets on your account?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
torbayguy
Grafter

Yes mate, apart from wrong info, no mac code!
torbayguy
Grafter

I found the mac code, appologies Plusnet!!!  lol
torbayguy
Grafter

This is one of the reasons Im leaving plusnet.
paulpicks21
Grafter

I have followed a few of your threads bud and really feel for you , looks like you have had a total nightmare!
God knows whats going on , that speedtest  you just posted is crazy , I take it you have massive fluctuations in speed then.
Coming from virgin to plusnet I ran speedtests every day at all times of day and night to see if plusnet was better and after a month or so I now only do a speed test a couple of times a week as my speeds are always exactly the same to within 0.1 of a meg.
I guess I am lucky or guess you are very unlucky , but I wish you all the best with your next Isp.
Cheers
Paul.
torbayguy
Grafter

Cheers Paul.
I was hoping Plusnet would be different, but it seems most isp are the same, arrogent, unhelpful, and rude.
Plusnet keep saying they are sorry, and giving me an extra free months broadband, but whats the point of it, if it doesnt work?
I would rather pay more and have it work as it should.
It seems Plusnet are like most other isp, they are all sweetness and smiles, but dont actually give a damn as long as they are taking your money.
I have noticed the answers to my tickets, and even on here, are getting less polite as time goes by, like they have realised I wont give up and just accept what they tell me is right, because I know it isnt!
I have used o2 in the past and found them to be superb, so hopefully they havent changed to much.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Keep us posted.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
torbayguy
Grafter

Will do Strat.  Wink

Interesting to see there are no comments from customer service wouldnt you say!
Addnan
Grafter

You'll love O2, absolutely flawless service.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'm gutted to see that you've decided to leave after I was helping you out last month. I'm going to look into the barriers you seem to have encountered requesting a MAC key as none of them seemed necessarry or fair in all honesty.
I can understand if you're not interested but I am offering as before to take ownership and deal with the speed issues you have reported as I'm confident this is a fault that can be resolved rather than just a poor service issue that should be accepted or dismissed. Its your choice but as before me and the rest of the support team are here, we have helped you out before and we are more than willing to do so again.
I can see that you have given your MAC code to O2, if you change your mind this is something that can be reversed.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
torbayguy
Grafter

And will you also rectify my billing problems, and remove the message that is threatening to disconnect me in 14 days if I dont pay the non existent bill from last month?
Another day, another problem!!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Yes, I'm willing to help with any Plusnet related issues at all. Its the main reason for my presence on the forums.
I don't have much time left to commit a lot  for you today, but if you can reply to confirm that you'd allow me to get stuck into this on Monday and not migrate away I'll at least be able to remove the failed billing restrictions from your account before 5.30PM.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team