Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when plusnet changes it's pricing it keeps customers on the old more expensive

hali39
Hooked

when plusnet changes it's pricing it keeps customers on the old more expensive

have you noticed this?
many years ago when plus net WAS actually a good ISP i recommended alll my family use it they unfortuately dont monitor their accounts with plusnet as closely as i do.
so last week i discovered that plusnet has dropped its prices and for £5.99 is offering as its basic package
    * 10GB usage allowance
    * Up to 8Mb speeds1

however  it is still charging my sister £10.99 ( on its old option ! package)  for a 2GB download limit  MAking a tidy profit of £5 having check this out wiith the rest of my family thay are all being ripped off in the same way ie plus net is earning £50 each month from them
how many other people is this happening to? what a nice little earner?
surely when plus net revises its prices it should move people onto those appropriate packages and ensure loysal customers are not paying more! is that a customer promise too far for plusnet?

is this happening to anyone else please add you comments in the vain hope that Plusnet take note.
13 REPLIES 13
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: when plusnet changes it's pricing it keeps customers on the old more expensive

Don't see an issue, most people would be unimpressed if they were moved to a different product automatically.
These products aren't the same and require some thought to see if it suits your need.
No one seems to have issues about looking for the best landline / mobile / insurance deals when the contracts end why should broadband be any different?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: when plusnet changes it's pricing it keeps customers on the old more expensive

Spot on Adiewoo. Cool Nothing wrong at all.
I would also point out that, unlike many businesses, PN do send out information about new products to existing customers.
Unless of course you have chosen to NOT receive marketing information. Lips_are_sealed
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Adie is spot on, but I have to say PN could improve their communication and advertising methods as often the newsletter arrives weeks after the event and sometimes there may only be a short term offer, also the website - lots of criticism made as we know in the relevant threads.
If, however, a user has opted out of communication, or doesn't monitor their postmaster mailbox (as required by the Ts&Cs) and doesn't visit the website - well, it's their own fault.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

surely when plus net revises its prices it should move people onto those appropriate packages and ensure loysal customers are not paying more! is that a customer promise too far for plusnet?

I agree with the other posters, It shouldnt move you automatically. It should, and does, inform you of the new products and allow you to decide whether to change. I was in a similar position to the one you describe , I had been on PAYG , 2GB at £15.99/ month for some considerable time. I was informed by email when the BBYW products were announced and decided I didnt wish to change, however when the Value product was announced I did change. Basically you need to evauate the new products and see whether they are suitable for you ( bear in mind the trafiic shaping particularly ! ).
To their credit , PlusNet dont force you to change to new products , its your decision...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re:when plusnet changes it"s pricing it keeps customers on the old more expensive

Hi there,
As others on this thread have advised we won't move your product without a request as most people would prefer to choose which package they want. That's because the products we offer are all slightly different and therefore may not be as suitable for you as the product you're already on.
If you want to move, you can request this via our website.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
snapper_mart
Grafter

Surely PlusNet could send an email to let those customers know a better value option is available?
mal0z
Grafter

There have been many such emails, and they are archived here: http://community.plus.net/blog/category/newsletters/
trouble is many people seem to unclick the box that offers marketing information such as these newsletters.
And I would also suggest that every user of an ISP should regularly go to their ISP's home page to keep an eye on such matters as current offers.
At least PN allow existing customers to change their package to newer ones if they wish, unlike several ISP's I was with befre i moved to PN

snapper_mart
Grafter

Quote from: mal0z

trouble is many people seem to unclick the box that offers marketing information such as these newsletters.
And I would also suggest that every user of an ISP should regularly go to their ISP's home page to keep an eye on such matters as current offers.

People uncheck the marketing info option because they  are bombarded with enough rubbish from every service, website etc they belong to or even express a passing interest in.
And as for regularly visiting your ISPs website...how often do you log onto the sites for  your Community Charge, Gas Supplier, Electricity Supplier, United Utilities etc....
pierre_pierre
Grafter

well thats your choice, now stop moaning
mal0z
Grafter

Quote from: snapper
And as for regularly visiting your ISPs website...how often do you log onto the sites for  your Community Charge, Gas Supplier, Electricity Supplier, United Utilities etc....

Yearly - same for insurance etc etc
and PN marketing emails are not overly regular - as you can see if you look at the links I gave......
snapper_mart
Grafter

Quote from: pierre_pierre
well thats your choice, now stop moaning

lol...not moaning as such,just thought that it might be good idea for  a company that shouts loudly about it's customer service could shout to those customers when they could offer a better service ! Smiley Perhaps tagging something onto the bottom of the monthly direct debit notification.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Perhaps tagging something onto the bottom of the monthly direct debit notification.

They do

Kind regards,
PlusNet Customer Support
http://portal.plus.net

A link to the portal where the most up-to-date deals can be found Wink Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Surely PlusNet could send an email to let those customers know a better value option is available?
They do if you haven't opted out and you check your Postmaster mailbox, it's called the Newsletter.