cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

waiting for 4 months still no connection

psmout

waiting for 4 months still no connection

I have been waiting for 4 (yes that's FOUR) months and still no connection
Talk about a SUPERFAST REVOLUTION when it takes them this long to connect me seems a bit of a joke to me.
Won't even get a decent speed if / when it's installed,  I mean, 'upto 1mbs ' is also a joke in 2015
11 REPLIES 11
Dhaos
Grafter

Re: waiting for 4 months still no connection

Where do you live? on the moon?
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

And you've posted at the start of the weekend so another two days to wait. Hopefully then one of the CRT will give you (and us) some answers as to what is going on  on Monday Undecided
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi psmout,
Welcome to the forums.  Sorry to hear of your delay in delivering service.  Is this a new provision at the property - that is new for you and / or a new line?
In some areas BT Openreach (the people who own all of the wires) simply do not have enough working circuits to service all of the demand.  In some areas voice services are delivered over "shared" lines using something called DACS which Is not compatible with ADSL.  To remove DACS there needs to be a working spare line available.  Unfortunately the provision of core new infrastructure takes time and costs a packet.  In such circumstances as soon as a working line is discontinued (such as in a property vacation) that line can be quite quickly allocated to another subscriber.
There could though just be a cock-up on the order!  Shocked
As Peter said, this is the longest bank holiday weekend of the year and it might therefore be TUESDAY before a clear answer can be obtained from Plusnet's Customer Relations Team (CRT).
As for the speed estimates, that has nothing to do with the year as physics does not change with time, but rather everything to do with distance to the exchange.  Higher speeds are obtained by being closer to the exchange; rural areas suffer twice though by being further away and are in the back end of the fibre roll out programme (if at all).

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

psmout

Quote from: Dhaos
Where do you live? on the moon?

Might as well do.....but alas no I live in a rural area of the UK
psmout

Quote from: PeterLoftus
And you've posted at the start of the weekend so another two days to wait. Hopefully then one of the CRT will give you (and us) some answers as to what is going on  on Monday Undecided

This I understand, but whilst I am back in town with access to the net thought I'd rant  Wink
otherwise as I have no net & a patchy mobile phone signal it costs me £12.50 worth of credit Not to speak to anyone
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

I'm sorry to hear about the issues your having.
One of my colleagues is dealing with this issue personally and I'm confident he'll get this sorted as soon as possible.
We won't have any further updates until after the bank holiday I'm afraid but as soon as we have a update we'll be in touch.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
StuartUK35
Grafter

psmout
I FEEL YOUR PAIN !!!!!!!!!!!
Although I am in Gloucester City, on a 9yr old development, I have been waiting just short of 8 weeks and there is still no light at the end of the tunnel  Sad
As Townman said, the idiots who work for BT OpenReach have no idea how to plan and be pro-active, so in my case, they built a cabinet, to support say 100 houses, when they were told 130 houses would be built.
They then introduced a FTTC box some time ago, but instead of making it available to all, they made only 20 connections available..
So peeps like me, are still waiting, and instead of being told "Your in a queue to get the next avail spare", I'm given massive amounts of BS, while BT Retail customers get there lines within 2 weeks of ordering (found 2 neighbours now who got connected Sad  )
So don't matter if Rural, or live less than 1 mile from the Exchange as I do, when you have a bunch of chimps run an infrastructure business, expect monkey business! Cheesy Cheesy
Sorry to rant on top of your rant!!!
psmout

Strangely that makes me feel better, at least I am not the only one in the country who cannot join the "high-speed revolution"  (as advertised on tv, and does that not annoy me!!)
It is now after the holiday weekend and still no news (which isn't good news) perhaps I should have gone BT but then plust-net ARE OWNED by BT
Good luck with your problems
Pete
dick:quote
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

I am sure we will get both problems sorted out for you soon.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

There are many rooms in the BT Group House.  Co-residence therein confers no favours all are similarly blighted by BTOR when things go similarly wrong.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

psmout

Quote from: plusnettony
I am sure we will get both problems sorted out for you soon.

Are you sure!  I've just been given another ten yes that's ANOTHER 10 DAY WAIT still no service being provided