cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unreliable connection

twitchy14
Grafter

unreliable connection

This is just for the record whilst l have connection to internet, as repeat of previous occassions, fri eve connection lost on the ten occassions l tried to restore it whilst usual messing with router- computer like a silly sod, gave up at llpm with low patience and stressed.  Tried again  saturday, same situation connection coming and going, usually lost after 2min, did manage one hour on one reconnection, probably 20 or more attempts in all, tried on laptop, same losses, whilst l am now paying as much to pnet as l did to sky and virgin, whilst their service rarely disconnected in a year with sky, view box included, 4yrs virgin.
Find it unbelievable the unreliability of my internet connection, if l was paying 5 pound a month, but now on 30pounds plus, all in all think lve paid 80pounds plus for two months with pnet, and probably had 50-60 loss of signals, spread over l0days, would have been a lot more if l,d not switched computer off and left it due to zero patience.  If this is a technical problem due to router or computer why does it suddenly return to normal trouble free service, for a while at least, be  2-4 weeks its not good enough standard for same cost as other providers connections with unlimited gb and trouble free connection, something l barely gave a thought to till being with plusnet.  Today so far all well, one hour, but not sure how much longer l can tolerate such unreliability, so this is more for the record. Angry
6 REPLIES 6
CX
Grafter

Re: unreliable connection

---
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi twitchy14,
I'm sorry to hear that you're having Frequent Disconnections. Here is a guide that you can follow which should help you resolve your dropping connection issue:http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/bbfaults/droppingconnection.shtml.
Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help Smiley
twitchy14
Grafter

disconnection s

l will type this very quickly before connection is lost again, as with last message, sure you can see l am having persistent disconnection problems, manage an hour at best since last thursday, mostly ten minutes, will ring tomorrow for advice, as this is impossible, never had it with sky or virgin.
ChrisL
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: disconnection s

Is this a different problem from the one you reported in your other thread?  Were you able to follow the advice you were given there?
Hope you get it sorted, anyway.
Chris
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Topics merged to keep the problem in one place
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi twitchy14,
I don't see the same amount of disconnections you're seeing. Are you using any extension cables/sockets? Can you try plugging into your test socket?
Jojo Smiley