cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

telephone wire broken

sjptd
Grafter

telephone wire broken

Our telephone cable was broken by tree work a couple of doors down the other day.  Plusnet answered  my phone call (mobile, 0800 free on GiffGaff) reasonably quickly and got right on to Openreach.  (I was a bit amused your service guy had to check our line when it was lying all over next door's front garden, but I can see the point.)  Openreach came the next day and very helpful people did a very competent fix.  So feedback there excellent, thankyou Plusnet and Openreach.
I went to close my ticket (with a thankyou).  Two problems. 
(A) A huge runaround the web site to find where my tickets were.  And
(B) The ticket had been closed; it looked as if it was closed as soon as they had contacted Openreach.  Surely the ticket should stay open until the customer has confirmed that this issue is resolved?
8 REPLIES 8
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: telephone wire broken

The first one is easy - once you know where to look
Help and Support
View your questions - out of sight on my browser once Jess hogs a load of space - down near the bottom
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks for the positive feedback and cheers to Jim for pointing you in the right direction.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Quote from: sjptd
Our telephone cable was broken by tree work a couple of doors down the other day.  Plusnet answered  my phone call (mobile, 0800 free on GiffGaff) reasonably quickly and got right on to Openreach.  (I was a bit amused your service guy had to check our line when it was lying all over next door's front garden, but I can see the point.)  Openreach came the next day and very helpful people did a very competent fix.  So feedback there excellent, thankyou Plusnet and Openreach.
I went to close my ticket (with a thankyou).  Two problems. 
(A) A huge runaround the web site to find where my tickets were.  And
(B) The ticket had been closed; it looked as if it was closed as soon as they had contacted Openreach.  Surely the ticket should stay open until the customer has confirmed that this issue is resolved?

I assume when a tree surgeon damages BT Line, he or Householder has a large bill to pay?
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

It's probably not that simple; for instance if the drop wire travels over private land with trees on (or close to existing ones even if on public land) BT will have a responsibility as well.
sjptd
Grafter

The tree sugeons have agreed that ultimately they or their insurance will cover any costs.  I have no idea yet how these will be raised by Openreach, if at all.  Partly Openreach (or GPO's?) fault for putting the line through an already existing tree in the first place.
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

If it was the GPO then the tree might have been a mere sapling then or not even planted. Smiley
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Quote from: sjptd

It seems a bit of luck was at play here, the agent created the wrong type of ticket that was closed by default. I'll pass on feedback on how to create these correctly in future.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
sjptd
Grafter

Longer term effect of the broken line.  My stats graph is now very boring.  It used to jump all over the place depending on the weather etc, but now it is very steady.  
They replaced the line including down feed all the way to our junction box.  Thankyou Openreach.