cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

still waiting

albinocory
Grafter

still waiting

was due to go live on monday between 1 and 6 didnt turn up rang cs and got told he ran out of time but did the exchange part of it. the best part of it all is that its just a me moving from one firber provider to another the cabinet was done before and i have the openreach modem ready to go but still waiting for a date the people i have spoken to already have been great unlike last lot parnter has said if its not done soon just cancel the lot and go somewhere esle has anybody any ideas what esle i can do
thanks
31 REPLIES 31
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: still waiting

Hi albinocory,
Sorry for the delay, I'm chasing this up now and am arranging to get an engineer date confirmed today for you, I'll be in-touch shortly.
Chris
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

I gather Sean has been in-touch with you, I hope you're happy with the outcome.
Let me know if have any questions.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Quote from: albinocory
... parnter has said if its not done soon just cancel the lot and go somewhere esle has anybody any ideas what esle i can do

The problem here is that PN as with ALL suppliers is at the mercy of BT Openreach who deliver the end user installs.  No matter who you goto for your broadband service, you are faced with the same under resourced under skilled organisation BTOR.
You are best served by sitting tight and allowing the PN team to get matters sorted at the earliest dates offered by BTOR.  If you want to do something which might make a difference, write to OFCOM, the Chairman of the BT group and your MP asking that BTOR are made to get an act together.
I sympathise with your frustration, if BTOR cannot service the appointment, you might reasonably expect that THEY sort out a new one the next day.  They do not, they pass it back to the requesting provider for the next available date.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

albinocory
Grafter

well got online today at last but only getting 30meg on 80/20

Postcode:Phone exchange:FALMOUTHEstimated line speed:49Mb (Accurate to within +/- 1Mbit) - Checked on 2013-04-13 22:35:21Current line speed:78

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

What do other speedtesters give you? The one you've used isn't the most accurate.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
albinocory
Grafter

albinocory
Grafter

i was getting 24meg with other fiber provider on 40/10 profile
albinocory
Grafter

1. Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.
Download Speed
29.95 Mbps

0 Mbps 31.32 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed
Download speedachieved during the test was - 29.95 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 16 Mbps-31.32 Mbps .
Additional Information:
IP Profile for your line is - 31.32 Mbps
2. Upstream Test:  -provides background information.
Upload Speed
7.4 Mbps

0 Mbps 20 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed
Upload speed achieved during the test was - 7.4Mbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps
KevinA
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

The issue here appears to be with your original estimate, makes me wonder if there is an underlying line fault that has been present even with your previous provider,  you say you've had fibre with a previous provider and that speed was 24Mb, It should really have been pointed out that if you wasn't maxing out the 40-10 profile with your previous provider (indicating your line could go faster) That changing to a new provider offering 80-20 profile wasn't going to necessarily increase your speed because at the end of the day its the exact same equipment.
albinocory
Grafter

hi kevin yes i knw that but this is one of the old speedtests

dick:green Image tags added.
jimbof
Grafter

>deleted< I missed a post!
Looks like your line is underperforming against estimate.  Whichever provider you are with it is going to be down to getting Openreach to do something as it is somewhere between your modem and the cabinet that you have issues.  With performance like that on 40/10, 80/20 isn't going to speed anything up for you.  It is only of benefit if the 80/20 package comes with features that you want over the 40/10.
jim:green more or less duplicate post removed and this post tidied up mod:end
albinocory
Grafter

ok what do i do now
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Not sure if this is a case of the estimate being incorrect, but I'd recommend raising us a fault at http://faults.plus.net - pop some BT speed test results in the notes section along with your initial estimate and we'll get it looked into for you.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

BTw/OR are not known for the accuracy of their speed estimates if you follow my drift. If you are now getting 29Mbps compared to 24Mbps with a previous provider then you may well be lucky, but do as Matt said, though I doubt it will achieve anything.