cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stalling tactics for those requesting mac

psybox
Dabbler

stalling tactics for those requesting mac

Today i phoned up for a MAC, fed up of the throtttling and traffic shaping. The advisor however gave me a very attractive resolution to my problems and also with a discount. To save moving I agreed (on the phone). 
I then sent in a ticket asking when the change to my package would happen. The reply was in one month! You can only make changes on the billing date!!
a) this was not explained
b) this is obviously not acceptable to someone who was looking to move away and requesting a mac
I then updated the ticket asking if it could be progressed quicker. A reply was no it cant. A second reply was then added if I want to cancel then to contact csc on a separate number so that all the replies could be logged.
a) I've already given all the details , I wont rehash them again
b) the csc number stop on friday at 5.30 so I have to wait until monday and then phone again to request my mac
I've been a long term user of plusnet and also have my phone package too, however I'm really dissapointed.
22 REPLIES 22
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: stalling tactics for those requesting mac

My understanding is that applying product changes on your billing date avoids lots of complex manual intervention with a significant chance of things going wrong - so in that sense the information you were given is correct and I believe it is the way the CSC are instructed to make changes. The Comms Team may be able to sort out something in the meantime that will meet your needs, however they do not work weekends.
I suggest you leave this until Monday to give the Comms Team an opportunity to look over your account.
David
David
psybox
Dabbler

I have already been told a second time that it cannot be done. I'm not simply going to wait another 4 weeks before anything is done in the hope that it then solves my problems. As for billing, I'm happy to billed at the rate I am - for the sake of £2 per month saving, billing should have no bearing on a products service when the better service being offered is acutally cheaper than Im currently paying.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

what are the two products old and new?
psybox
Dabbler

Im on one of the original packages at £22 month or so. I was told by CSC that I can be moved to a package with no traffic shaping @ £19.99 month and with an extra £2 knocked off the phone package for being a long standing customer.
dick:quote
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

I didn't suggest waiting another 4 weeks in the hope that what is done then solves your problem. I suggested waiting until Monday to give the Comms Team an opportunity to look over your account. Being familiar with other threads my personal feeling is that the short wait should be worth it.
David
David
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Agreed spraxyt.
The reason that CSC cant do it is the reduction in the cost of the package, that requires a developers finger, which the coms team have to originate
psybox
Dabbler

its a different package, not a reduction in an existing - they can do it instantly for other services ie phone etc, so that isnt an excuse to wait 4 weeks.
Obviously I need to wait until Monday, that is a given -  but I felt the need to post in the rant & rave section.
dick:quote
pierre_pierre
Grafter

m on one of the original packages at £22 month or so. I was told by CSC that I can be moved to a package with no traffic shaping @ £19.99 month and with an extra £2 knocked off the phone package for being a long standing custome

excuse me but £19.99 is less than £22, at least it was when I went to school
psybox
Dabbler

you are excused.
It's a move to a DIFFERENT package, not a reduction in my CURRENT package.
ie for the next 4 weeks I'm still paying the higher amount for a package Im not happy with when they could simply move me quicker and keep the £2 extra I have already paid for the next 4 weeks.
Lurker
Grafter

You are not paying anything - you have already paid it for the next month.
Which is why the change would be applied at your next billing date usually.
PN can sort it - they also need to thwack whoever failed to explain the reason for the non-existent "delay".
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
I've changed the product for you now. Smiley
The reason we do this on your billing date is to prevent the necessity for credits or pro-rata payments and also because things like resetting your bandwidth use and credit limit are tied into the billing process.
There's some manual work needed if this is done on a date which isn't your billing date, but in any case it's been changed for you now (as per the email you'll have just recieved).
psybox
Dabbler

thank you Mand, this is the type of customer service I have always experienced in the past with Plus, I'm glad to see it is back again  Smiley
Mand
Grafter

No worries, give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with. Smiley
Lorenzo48
Grafter

Mand, I was told 2-3 days to fix my account after requesting my MAC then 3-4 weeks via the ticket system. I was also offered compensation over the phone. This was with Adam.
I feel this issue of traffic shaping people on the PRO service is extremely serious and yet seems to be getting treated in the same way as any other fault.
It is a breach of the TOS and needs sorting right now.
If my ticket isn't replied to today and compensation forthcoming (have not been able to play properly for nearly 3 months)  I'll be getting my MAC Tuesday and getting a low contention business service for only a couple of pounds more.