Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stalling tactics for those requesting mac

Mand
Grafter

Re: stalling tactics for those requesting mac

Hi there,
I'm sorry you were given an incorrect timescale on the phone, the ticket response is correct. I'm currently checking when the next maintenance is scheduled for.
We aren't 'throttling Pro', this is a case of some of the traffic from a particular game having problems, and something which we can and will fix.
As far as I can tell from the tickets on your account you've been offered compensation but haven't yet accepted this?
Mand
Grafter

I've found some further info, and replied to your ticket.
Lorenzo48
Grafter

Having just been offered 3 months free at 11:13 (2 minutes after asking for the MAC) and there does not appear to be a way to accept or decline so unsure how to respond to the offer at this time.
Mand, I'll go read it but when I trace the hops the slowdown is not in the echange it's down in GW1 & 2 on hop 3 or 4 as reported 22 Jan.
Original ticket raised 13 Jan and only when I request a MAC does anything pro-active happen.
I'll get back to you after I've read the ticket and had some lunch! but I still need the MAC delivering Friday as promised to keep my options open.

Lorenzo48
Grafter

If that was your withheld number (PN always is) ringing me then sorry I was driving.
Right, read your ticket and willing to accept the exchange may have caused issues in max dl rate but this should have been updated/fixed 5th March if reading it right.
I'll do some speedtests tonight and request that you check the profiles are set right. Last time I did one at peak time I got 0.7meg on a 5meg line  Sad It averages at 3.6 over the last 6 months where I used to get 4.7 easily.
Latency fault however is GW1 and 2 as stated however not bothered to try and play since you've made the changes and that was also not mentioned in the previous ticket response. The hop through the exchange was below 20ms IIRC.
I will give it a full workout Tuesday Night and post back to you on Wednesday.
Like I have said all a long I respect the fact that tech problems happen but I have been patient for 3 months and being patient has got me nowhere. Only when I get all 'Victor Meldrew' is any progress made, and that's where it falls down for me, will I have to do it again?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Tracerts don't give a true representation of ping time to each hop as certain devices along the way may not be set up to prioritise ping traffic. The best way to measure ping is simply to use the ping command to the server you want to connect to, or as an alternative jolt.co.uk

ping jolt.co.uk
Pinging jolt.co.uk [84.234.17.86] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 84.234.17.86: bytes=32 time=24ms TTL=122
Reply from 84.234.17.86: bytes=32 time=25ms TTL=122
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Lorenzo48
Grafter

If that is the case (and I actually agree with you) why do CS asked for the screen prints?
If you are receiving high pings we can try and diagnose the cause. Can you run a trace from your command prompt to a few of your servers.
http://www.mediacollege.com/internet/troubleshooter/traceroute.html

My ping is measured constantly via my G15 and is the in game 'ping' monitoring the speed of the game packets. However I cannot provide this as "evidence".
So I run the tracert (when the ping leaps from 25ms to become unstable and fluctuating between 100-200ms) as requested by your staff  Crazy

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Next time you have any problems can you try a ping to the IP of the gameserver you're playing on and see what kind of results that gives?
It may also be worthwhile trying another packet capture if you continue to have problems to see if the changes we made last week have had any effect.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Lorenzo48
Grafter

Yes, thanks Chris. I have read your ticket and thanked you for it by reply.
I intend to try tonight and tomorrow and report back on how it is.
I'll start my own thread instead of hi-jacking this one though  Embarrassed