cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Do you proud"? - Bloody rubbish customer service

kevski

"Do you proud"? - Bloody rubbish customer service

I moved to Plusnet last month, but the standard broadband isn't enough for my needs, so I opted to upgrade to fibre. So far the engineer visit has been moved three times (once by me, admittedly, due to a work clash). The engineer was supposed to turn up today, but guess what - it's now been moved back by TWO WEEKS. They suggested that I was informed of the latest date change, but I keep all communications, and I can categorically state that I wasn't. I only found out because I decided to call to confirm (I saw the Openreach engineer in the street on the way to work earlier in the week - a date that had been booked originally, but that I had to change - and sure enough he called me at work to say that he'd been booked for that day). I had no confidence that the re-booked date would be honoured. Quelle bloody surprise, Rodney!
I'm absolutely FED UP with Plusnet - their service, their poor customer service, and especially their simpering BS adverts. There's a reason their service is cheap.
I will ditch them if this upgrade does not happen on the 4th Feb.
If you're thinking of moving to Plusnet, be warned - you get what you pay for...
26 REPLIES 26
AndyH
Grafter

Re: "Do you proud"? - Bloody rubbish customer service

Why was the appointment moved back?
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

I get exactly what I pay for.....excellent service.
I'm sure that PN will sort this out & you will probably receive some form of recompense. It's also quite probable that some of the problems will have been caused by another agency.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you've had.
Essentially we've dropped the ball here and told you the wrong date. I've fed back on the agents who advised you incorrectly.
I'll take ownership of this for you to make sure it doesn't happen again.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
tony8436
Grafter

Quote from: kevski

If you're thinking of moving to Plusnet, be warned - you get what you pay for...

If only this post was available before I made the mistake of moving to this joke of a 'provider'. I too was suckered in by the BS adverts only to find that my speed dropped and customer support will do nothing about it as they say that's the fastest my line can handle, despite being faster before I moved over. I have taken the issue to OfCom and the advertising standards authority and would encourage others to do the same. It may be too late for us as they will make us pay to get out of the contract that they lied to tie us into, but it could save others from making the same mistake.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

However it's not representative of the experiences of thousands of customers including myself.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
tony8436
Grafter

Thousands out of how many?
They may get it right SOMETIMES, but that does not excuse the poor service and attitude to the rest of us.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

The vast majority receive good service...
Quote from: tony8436
but that does not excuse the poor service and attitude to the rest of us.
Very true, and quite unacceptable if you happen to be one of the few let down for whatever reason.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
AndyH
Grafter

Clearly they wouldn't have 800,000+ customers if they offered poor service.
To put into context tony8436's "issue":
Quote from: Chris
Upon moving to Plusnet, my speed reduced by 50% to 1.5 Mbps. I have spoken to Plusnet support who have told me that this is not a compromise in service and I will either have to accept an unusable speed or pay to get out of the contract and go back to Sky.  How is a 50% reduction in speed not a compromise in service?

I'm sorry you're unhappy, however the estimates we provided *before* were for speeds around 2Mb and you're currently in sync at 2743  with a profile of 2300.  We can't guarantee that you'll get the same speed as your previous provider, as some companies use a different technology this just isn't possible.
tony8436
Grafter

My issue is that the adverts say 'without compromise in service', I was also not told about a drop in speed due to the equipment in the exchange during the sales call, In fact they said it should be the same. This may be because the sales team don't know that moving from one provider to another could involve changing equipment in the exchange, or if they do, not telling the potential customer in order to get a sale. Either way, poor show Plusnet.
This may seem like a minor issue to some, but it is important to me as I am currently going through a divorce and my soon to be ex wife has taken the children to live in her home town over 250 miles away. The only way I can see them and they can see me regularly is using Skype. The service with Sky was sufficient to run Skype with no problems, however, since moving to PN, it has become unstable if it works at all. So now that I am stuck in a contract that they lied to get me into, I can't see my kids apart from the 6 weeks a year annual leave I get. PN customer services were less than useless when I spoke to them just saying that I'll have to live with it.
AndyH
Grafter

Surely it would be better to work with Plusnet rather than against them?
There are many knowledgable people on these forums that might be able to help you get improved speeds.
tony8436
Grafter

You are right, it would be better to work with them, but how can you work with people that refuse to do anything? If they were prepared to help, I would go out of my way to do whatever I could to assist them, but the only thing they have come up with so far is turn the router off and on again, that didn't fix it so they just gave up and said there was nothing they can do.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

mod:note
this is detracting from the OP, please keep posts on topic.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
tony8436
Grafter

It is not detracting from the OP as the OP was about poor customer service which is still the topic being discussed.
AndyH
Grafter

First thing I would do is start a thread, post your ADSL router line statistics and see what some members on here suggest. There are many threads on here where people have been helped to get better speeds on the back of the advice of members.