cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Do you proud"? - Bloody rubbish customer service

tony8436
Grafter

Re: "Do you proud"? - Bloody rubbish customer service

That's the first piece of useful advice I have been given, Thank you.
tony8436
Grafter

Quote from: Strat
However it's not representative of the experiences of thousands of customers including myself.

I have noticed that PN have never been a Which? recommended ISP. You know, the one that is based on CUSTOMER experience. #just saying.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

We have been a Which? recommended provider - http://www.uswitch.com/broadband/news/2014/03/plusnet_named_which_recommended_provider_for_sixth_con...
We're happy to help with any issues you're having but we need to ensure the correct expectations are set, which I did try to do in a previous thread.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
tony8436
Grafter

My expectations are simple, I expect the ISP that advertises 'no compromise in service' to give me the same service I was getting before. If you cannot do this, there is clearly a compromise in service, therefore false advertising.
Chris
Legend

As I've mentioned, we provide an estimate on sign up - by continuing through the signup process you accepted this as the estimate for your line. You are getting above the estimate we provided.
AndyH's suggestion is a very good one, lets see what can be done to get your speeds as good as possible.

First thing I would do is start a thread, post your ADSL router line statistics and see what some members on here suggest. There are many threads on here where people have been helped to get better speeds on the back of the advice of members.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

tony8436
Grafter

I have posted my stats in another thread in the ADSL section of the forum and as I mentioned once or twice, NO COMPROMISE IN SERVICE DOES NOT MAKE A DROP IN SPEED ACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chris
Legend

I've responded to your thread and we'll continue discussing the speeds over there.
kevski

Well, that spawned a lively set of customer dissatisfaction contributions... 🙂
I'm sat here, waiting for the rescheduled arrival of an engineer to upgrade me to PN fibre, and guess what? No engineer. OK, so it's only 30 minutes past the 0800-1300 deadline, but given that the last time an engineer came (on the wrong day - unsurprisingly, I was out), I got a call from him (therefore, not an unreasonable expectation that I would have received a "oops - running late" call by now), and I've not received that call, I'm going to take a punt and assume that there's no engineer coming today.
I get that the engineer is an OpenReach engineer, not a PN engineer, but PN OWN the process. And, given the ranting I've been doing at PN down the phone (always polite - it's not the fault of the person at the other end of the phone, they haven't looked you up and singled you out) it's not unreasonable that someone would OWN this little bit and make sure that an engineer is coming today.
I will be patient for the rest of the day, and call to have a mini-rant later this afternoon, but basically if there's no engineer today I'm done with PN. And I only re-joined (house move) at the beginning of December. I will leave, take my business elsewhere, and they can whistle for any kind of cancellation payments. It may end up slightly more expensive to go with another provider, but based on my experience thus far (2 months) how much worse could it get?
I should mention that they also managed to stuff up the process of transferring me from BT for phone provision, when I moved house (taking the PN broadband provision I already had with me) and left me without a phone for a week. So this isn't just a delay to an upgrade. I think it smacks of a deeper misunderstanding of how a job is done.
I charge out at £1200 pd, and this is the second day I've taken where I've been left in the lurch - I might submit an invoice.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Hi kevski
You may find these links of use :
The first link , is with regards to taking additional time of work
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/delivery-rights#claim
Also when OR are a no show the ISP get's paid £45 for a missed appointment
http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/updates/briefings/generalbriefings/generalbriefingsarticles/gen...
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

kevski

Brilliant - PN just made a second £45, while I sit here with my thumbs up a dark place...
catelliott
Grafter

HI kevski,
I have taken a look at your account, and replied to the ticket you have raised to us in order to avoid sharing any account details over the forum Smiley