cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plusnet unresponsive

jag25

plusnet unresponsive

I have posted 3 emails to support@plus.net spread over 3 weeks and received no reply at all.
The reason for my emails was that nobody had informed me of my broadband installation date. I've now managed to talk to someone on the 'phone line and discovered that an engineer is due next Tuesday. Apparently I "should have been informed".
All my contact details are correct.
A very disappointing start for a new user.
3 REPLIES 3
James
Grafter

Re: plusnet unresponsive

Hi there,
I'm sorry to hear that you didn't receive an update from us.
For future reference, emails to support@plus.net are not answered, but you should have received a bounce message informing you of this?
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

I've just sent an email to support@plus.net to see what happens. The response is not strictly a bounce message, which to me implies non-delivery, rather an automatic reply sent to my "from" address. The first paragraph of this is:
Thank you for your email. Unfortunately we don't pick up any emails sent to this address. That's because emails can easily be lost, misdirected or even deleted and we think it's better if this doesn't happen.

The remaining paragraphs provide guidance on alternative methods of contact with appropriate help assistant links and the support centre phone number.
So a "reply" is definitely sent, but if not received it suggests an incorrect - or not working - "from" email address was supplied.
David
picbits
Rising Star

Confirmed - just did a bounce test myself.