cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plusnet phone line *slammed*

jetstar
Grafter

plusnet phone line *slammed*

My plusnet phone line and broadband connection was slammed by provider Orange yesterday. No internet connection and phone line switched to another number absolute chaos. Plusnet have issued re-provide order to complete in 10 days. Has anyone else had this issue?
7 REPLIES 7
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: plusnet phone line *slammed*

Hi there,
Sorry that you've had problems with this. We did send an email to advise you someone else was trying to take over your phone line back on the 17th October. Unfortunately we can't speed up the order to bring the services back as we have to give a minimum of 10 working days notice for this.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

This may be relevant to your circumstances: http://ask.ofcom.org.uk/help/telephone/slamming
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
jetstar
Grafter

Hi Chris your email was not picked up by me why didnt plusnet send a letter in the post for important account info? One is more likely to see a letter than an email !
jetstar
Grafter

Plusnet has advised order only placed today on my request for update when plusnet originally advised order placed by provisioning team on 2Nov for completion by 11Nov
SteveA
Pro
Fixes: 3

According to the Ofcom pages
You will receive a letter from your old phone company, and also one from the new company informing you that you are switching provider and the date that the switch is due to take place.

Which suggests that you should have TWO physical letters and not one mislaid email
jetstar
Grafter

Thanks for that info Steve, no i did not receive any postal letter from plusnet because customer services advised they are a 'paperless' telecoms provider, neither did i get any contact from Orange ! The adsl has today been re-connected after usual 10-day provisioning time but there is an issue with plusnet home phone as it is not active in control panel and on 9Nov plusnet cancelled anytime calls via a service notice on account.
I can't get any more info just now as plusnet systems are down. I also pre-paid line rental saver up to 18/12/15. Plusnet on 2Nov confirmed the phone order to be complete on 11Nov. however plusnet just advised phone line is still with EE so what is going on plusnet ticket # 113639840

jetstar
Grafter

This has been an extremely difficult 10 days sorting out, lots of plusnet customers have issues with billing , service etc, just wanted to update and line + adsl now transferred to plusnet from ee / orange. I've had more than 60 service notices and questions noted on account during past 10 days.