cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plus.net running really, really slow

Anonymous
Not applicable

plus.net running really, really slow

I went to the plus.net site twice this morning and each time it was running very very slow, this last time it took nearly 1 minute to load and this is what I got when it had finished!

60 seconds later...

Also the labels for posting are very limited and the one chosen has no bearing on this issue, I only selected it to allow me to post.

12 REPLIES 12
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Re: plus.net running really, really slow

Briefly this morning also I could not connect to the community.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well to be fair the only issue I have had is with the plus.net site, community has been fine for me so far at least.

gsha
Dabbler

There's definitely something not right!!

Plusnet.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

It maybe that there is an update in progress. If so not the best of timing if you ask me, and if you don't ask me, it's still not the best of timing!

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

yes i tried to connect 10 mins ago and got this Undecided

Capture.JPG

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

This is an issue Plusnet is investigating - have requested a service status notice.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The site appears to be working now, so I think my assumption about the update may have been correct, and I'll assume this until such a time as I am told otherwise.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

@Anonymous, your assumption is not correct - we only do software releases to the website overnight when there isn't much traffic.

The issue has been resolved and there is a service status post about it here: https://community.plus.net/t5/Service-Status/Intermittent-Website-Issues/m-p/1504376#M256

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for clarifying that @jaread83, I am now a wiser man. The status update doesn't say what was wrong, so are you able to share the reason?

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

I don't know any of the finer details of what went wrong exactly but from what I can gather from asking one of the teams involved I have been told there was a latency issue with the site.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Fair enough @jaread83, I appreciate it's not within your remit, but the response you got from the team, is nothing more than stating the obvious. Maybe @LouisaMartin's status updates will shed some light on it for the nosey ones like me. Wink