Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

options beyond 60Gb per month?

The_10th
Grafter

Re: options beyond 60Gb per month?

Quote from: kingkobra
That would be very nice, but even a boost up to 120Gb  would be good enough to stop me jumping ship at the moment.
I would change to fibre, but I don't really want to be paying an additional tenner a month for the extra speed that I don't really need at the moment
I just need to find some spare time in the day to ring Customer Options to find out if they can do something for a 10 year loyal customer before I start informing people of my new email address Smiley

I would be very surprised if the COT didn't offer the old Unlimited product even with a discount as it seems long standing customers get the benefits associated with loyalty which is refreshing given the multitude of 'brand new customers only' offers that is so often the case.
As Kelly has stated, Plusnet seem to be looking at a way of just boosting allowances - Talk Talk do 'boost' (40 - 80GB) come to think of it for about £4 iirc so maybe that is an option being considered?
I remember being told this half of the year for a 'refresh'  here's hoping...
cja
Grafter

Kelly (reply 69) you said you'd look at allowances.  How about the 10 MB/s upload which as been talked about so much, but not yet delivered, hence the skeptism around later in the year as a timeframe for a refresh.  Better still get 80/20 in place.
There is a real issue with Plusnet keeping up with the technology and delivering what it rumours.
CJA
juliasdream
Grafter

I wouldn't consider myself a heavy user but the way things are going just using iplayer and 4OD and my son with his games every other weekend when he's with me seems to bring us close to the 60gb limit
I wont use Skype and other VOIP services and I have to restrict the use of Spotify
There are plentry of other providers offering unlimited broadband, some even for less than plusnet
To be honest the only reason I've stayed with Plusnet partly out of loyalty, good customer service and partly because I'm getting around £10 a month back from referrals.
But I do feel that Plusnet is not keeping up with the demand of the times
Some monhts ago a Plusnet rep persuaded me to downgrade from unlimited to 60gb a month because I never used more than that but now times have changed and I regret having downgraded
Just like with computers the demand for more memory and faster CPU's always increases so does the demand for broadband.
We've all come a long way since stepping up from dial up connections and the internet has become almost, if not more important to households than the telephone and other utilities. Over time those needs are going to become even more demanding, not less.
I think it's time for Plusnet to rethink about its charges and limitations
I'm seriously considering my next move
Shall I stay or shall I go
juliasdream
Grafter

I just called John Lewis to clarify some points.
They are part of Plusnet
They do offer unlimited broadband at £18 a month
Even though their service is run by Plusnet I would lose my monthly referral payments if I switched
I cant understand why this should be
I also don't see why Plusnet can provide unlimited internet indirectly through a subsidary but not for it's own customers directly
Anonymous
Not applicable

Perhaps it's part of PN's market research & testing the market ?
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Quote from: juliasdream
Even though their service is run by Plusnet I would lose my monthly referral payments if I switched

That's incorrect, Instead of coming off your monthly bill , you would then be paid once your the amount reach £ 5.
This has recently been discussed in this thread here
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,104797.0.html
You could always try ringing customer options team , to see if the can match the JL package.
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Quote from: juliasdream

That doesn't sound right, because even if you switch broadband to a non-Plusnet or non-BT provider, if when you leave you downgrade to a free dial-up account and keep your direct-debit details up to date, then each time your referral values accumulate to be greater than £5 then your bank account will get credited with the money.
http://portal.plus.net/support/tools/referrals/referrals_help.shtml#howPaid
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

juliasdream
Grafter

Have I understood this right?
I can move my broadband over to John Lewis unlimited
Still receive my monthly referrals on Plusnet even though I migrated?.
In my work I get the chance to make referrals which is how I've made as many as I have
I do like Plusnet and would be happy to recommend it to others and still get the referral bonus's
since it's still very good for lower usage than mine
I'd apreciate any advice on this
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

It sounds like PlusNet management haven't thought about this. Hence the two week wait when they decide what the policy might be.
Of course, when PlusNet (albeit with a different name) offer different packages then people are going to ask questions as to whether they can change, or even whether the mass of new customers will affect their connection I guess.
@Kelly, good to see this has been raised and thanks for letting us know.
The_10th
Grafter

However Plusnet may be thinking it's coming across to me anyhow, that their own customers' needs regarding increased allowances isn't being given much priority especially when JL have a product that would interest some. This is an own goal and though it's good they are looking into allowances (ahem, most of the comments I have read have been about increased allowances/streaming up to now regarding product refreshes so can't say they didn't know) it is showing a lack of interest in the products they provide. This is a fast moving market as we all know and just get the feeling a tad of complacency has crept in and now Sky etc offering unlimited products as well as JL Wink this most definitely isn't their finest hour.
James
Grafter

Hi,
Can categorically state that the JLBB product were not built in mind to encourage Plusnet customers to move (incase that is what you are suggesting).
I would wait for Kelly to come back to you.
Apprentice
Grafter

Deleted by me and put in "Other Queries"  Smiley
cja
Grafter

I accept JLBB wasn't intended to upset Plustnet customers, but you can see it does look like our product refresh has been given to JLBB and the existing customers (us) are suffering while new customer get the goodies.
You used to just migrate people automatically to new products, for the most part it probably was less hassle than you now have, and made for happier customers. 
If you went back to that policy remebering static IP, Webspace and .co.uk addresses were key items in many of us choosing you, you might find it easier.  You certainly wouldn't have 4 or 5 legacy products to maintain im the help system or what must be a complex set of staff training to deal with educating everyone on the ever increasing list of legacy products.  The help paged are not really helpful anymore the legacy and product variations, don't help.
Perhaps you would then free some to keep up with latest stuff like 40/10 and 80/20 Fibre as well others requests for better data allowances.
CJA
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Quote from: cja
You used to just migrate people automatically to new products

I don't think Plusnet have ever done that. Some of us existing customers remain on the legacy Unlimited package, which we switched ourselves to when it was openly available at the time.