Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

options beyond 60Gb per month?

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Re: options beyond 60Gb per month?

purleigh, they could try asking CO to match the PN re badged John Lewis unlimited broadband option at £ 18.00 a month ( does require phone line as well though)
https://www.johnlewisbroadband.com/unlimited/
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

(One of the many things) I don't understand is why PlusNet used to offer an unlimited option, don't any more, don't seem too bothered to implement one anytime soon, but do resell an unlimited package via John Lewis.
As you say ITWorks, I wonder whether it is possible to switch from a PN package to a JL one.
For some unknown reason, PlusNet seem tight lipped about the whole product refresh and involvement with John Lewis.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Am sure it would be just a few taps on they keyboard to get changed over,
To me the reason why they are tight lipped is because for heavy users (especially market 1) JL unlimited option is much better than the current PN packages.
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Didn't know that. So the official response will no doubt be:
I'm afraid this isn't possible because the back-end account systems are not integrated, and this will require a lot of manual work.
Unfortunately there are no plans to put this on the development schedule (since it will cost us money and not many people are asking for it, it is of a low priority).
Anonymous
Not applicable

The trouble is when somebody asks "I am looking to change broadband supplier do you know of anything that beats this - https://sales.talktalk.co.uk/product/broadband/plus"
there is NOTHING that Plusnet provides that on paper looks anywhere close.  I couldn't recommend it because I simply don't know how it might turn out and can fully understand why the TalkTalk product looks attractive.
To be able to RECOMMEND something that you believe in, then you need a list of positive reasons to change for the better, not a load of negative conjecture about the competition in a hope that pointing out the speculative shortcomings will encourage the customer to ignore the fact that they will save about £10/month and not have to be constantly worried about how much they have downloaded.
As of now, I really don't care any more, and will not be recommending any solution for broadband.
The trouble for me is the equivalent of selling your old car to a friend, you know that ANYTHING that goes wrong is either your fault or something that you should have known about before you sold it.
The people who seek my opinion about computers and broadband are not anonymous customers who I will never see again, they are friends or at least parents of my children's friends who put their trust in me to provided them with solutions, and as such I am responsible for helping them invest in a product that FULLY meets their needs.  If Plusnet don't have a suitable product, but a new one will be available at Easter, or the end of May, or maybe later this year, or maybe NEVER, then I can't work on a maybe.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Something positive and for the benefit of us all would have to be announced well before Christmas Eve, which is when the Line Rental Saver would be due for renewal for another 12 months, people will consider whether they want to be tied in to PN for another 12 months.
They may reconsider anyway after comparing products.
It would be like savers pulling their money out of Northern Rock, or as is happening with Santander at the moment.
mikeyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I never thought anyone could use 60 GB usage in one month. Late last year we were comfortably within our 15 GB limit (BBYW option 2) even using Iplayer now and then to catch up on TV.  Switched to to the current Plusnet extra just because it was cheaper, not for the speed.
However early this year SWMBO signed up for netflix.  We only watch 2 or 3 films every week, and our 3 year old watches on average one episode of Dora the Explorer per day.  Useage last month 35GB.  
I can now understand how a 60GB limit is going to upset a lot of people, especially as speed increases.  I got changed (against my wishes as I wrongly thought it would slow me down) to 21CN which increased my download speed from 2MB to 3-4MB.  iPlayer picture quality was OK before, good now.
As the kids get older or if fiber ever gets close to a cabinet near here and my speed goes up I could see how I might get close to the 60GB limit.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Doesn't really affect the principle behind the post but the allowance for Fibre Extra is 120GB, so already increased to allow for potentially increased usage.
David
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is of no use for those of us on rural market-1 exchanges that will probably never get upgraded to 21CN let alone fibre.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Here here  Sad
x47c
Grafter

You have put your finger on the problem.
Increasing we are seeing broadband posters here and elsewhere acting just like the investment bankers their would probably claim to hate.
There are those at the bottom of the heap in market 1 exchanges that seem to have virtually no hope of upgrades from ADSLmax - without taxpayers money coming from somewhere.  At lest we forget there are some 3000 market 1 exchanges, 600 market 2 and around 1500  market 3 exchanges.
At the same time there are those who already have more than the market 1 group can ever hope for in terms of speed and bandwidth who are outraged that they cannot have even more and demand that things be re-jigged to suit them all at no cost to them - and sod the rest.
Do you remember the howls of outrage when it was suggested that a 50p levy should be put on landlines to pay for broadband upgrades - says it all really.
PS I'm in the middle: market 2 exchange on ADSL2+
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

i just looked at the OFCOM 2008 detailed summary and the actual figures are
Market 1      3720
Market 2        670
Market 3        1197
and after the 2010 changes there are
Market 1      3388
Market 2    660
Market 3    1539
James
Grafter

Have you got those the wrong way round?
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Wouldn't you expect there to be more Market 3 exchanges in 2010 compared to 2008  Huh
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Quote from: Jameseh
Have you got those the wrong way round?
NO