Did you mean: 

options beyond 60Gb per month?

w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: options beyond 60Gb per month?

Appreciate you letting us know Chris.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quote from: Chris
I understand it's not what you all wanted to hear, but rather than let everyone believe there was one coming up imminently I thought it was better to let you know how things are.

And think of all the money saved by not sponsoring CBB !
To be re-invested in Product.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Seems like the product refresh will likely happen in Q3
http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/plusnet/4125614-no-new-products-or-changed-allowances-in-the-near-f...
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Well some things never change at PlusNet.
Jam tomorrow and information being posted on ADSL guide (now TBB) before here spring to mind Roll_eyes
Good job someone can work their awful forums, or none of us would be any the wiser here.
But at least we had a nice big announcement when CBB was being sponsored, as after all, I am sure that's what we'd all rather know.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I posted on here before posting to TBB?
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,104955.msg894526.html#msg894526
The only reason I posted over there was that Jelv had said on TBB that the refresh may not happen this year, so I was directly addressing that point.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Alex
Community Veteran

Yes you did. You posted it would be 'likely' to be this year on here, followed by posting 'most likely' to be Q3 this year on TBB.
I don't mean to pick holes with your wording Chris. But I feel history is repeating itself when more definite information is posted on there first. After all Q3 is slightly more specific than this year (maybe).
I still have a PlusNet connection round my parents which is hardly used, but if I was still a customer waiting for this then I would be disappointed too. So I understand how people may feel on here.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I don't mean to pick holes with your wording Chris. But I feel history is repeating itself when more definite information is posted on there first. After all Q3 is slightly more specific than this year (maybe)

Yep, but I was addressing a specific point made on there. If the point had been made on here then I would have posted the same on here.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Anonymous
Not applicable

So is that calendar Q3 (July through September) or business Q3 (October through December) ?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Everyone ... don't annoy the very nice people at PlusNet that make the decisions !    Grin
Alex
Community Veteran

Quote from: purleigh
So is that calendar Q3 (July through September) or business Q3 (October through December) ?

Come on now. That's a bit unfair. Cheesy
We've managed to get it as far as a 3 month window now (down from 'maybe this year'). What else do you expect from PlusNet?
You'll be asking for a date next. Tongue
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Quote from: Alex
You'll be asking for a date next. Tongue

Shhh....he might be married Shocked
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Anonymous
Not applicable

Q3 ? read my post #13 in this thread.
It will be after the Paralympics finish, September 9th.

I predict Wednesday the 26th September for the refresh, make a note in your Diaries !  Lips_are_sealed
Anonymous
Not applicable

Annoy them !
I have had two families waiting since just after Christmas to sign up for Plusnet broadband, one on a market-1 exchange currently requiring about 80GB, and the other on market-2 exchange needing 100GB per month - which the existing 'Extra' product doesn't suit.  I had managed to persuade them to hang on until around Easter as it had previously been implied that a product refresh would occur then, on the basis that the Plusnet experience should be better than the alternative ISPs they were considering, and that being with Plusnet would mean that I could fully support their setup.  They are looking to change ISPs, as they want better support and if possible to reduce costs.
Now I have to tell them that they might as well go with TalkTalk, as Plusnet don't have a product suitable for families with teenage children, and that there is no commitment in providing a competitive product that fits this section of the market.
I get asked at least once a month by parents of families with teenage children - "you know about computers and broadband - who is your ISP, and would you recommend them ?" - and the answer is NO I can't recommend Plusnet.
If these typical families need 80 to 100GB NOW, then their usage is only going to increase, so in moving to a new product they need to be looking at 80GB/month being mid-range - NOT the maximum PLUS 4*£5/5GB top-up.
I would love to increase my referrals, and generally support families from the local school improved their broadband, but I would get so much grief if I recommended a 60GB product and then find that they had used their allowance after two or three weeks and were having to pay tens of pounds a month to top-up their usage.  I am really not interested in being the expert in the products of alternative ISPs, and used to be really enthusiastic in recommending Force9 to friends and family, but over the years the new product features have eroded, but now the Plusnet offerings don't stand out as great products any more, and without any insight as to the direction or roadmap for either residential or business products, then potential customers will choose an ISP who is offering jam TODAY - https://sales.talktalk.co.uk/product/broadband/plus £7.25/month with unlimited download allowance.
Alex
Community Veteran

Yes quite sad really. I can't say I have ever understood senior management decisions at PlusNet in the 10 years I've been here.
Looks like keeping their products competitive has been placed into the Bronze queue. Sad
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Now I have to tell them that they might as well go with TalkTalk,

If you really think that TT standards of Customer Service is good enough and how long is the contract, and if they want to move later will they get their phone number back? (and you lose 2 referrals)  Shocked