Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

options beyond 60Gb per month?

mlavende
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

options beyond 60Gb per month?

Hi,
now my son has discovered Minecraft and has signed up for the 'full edition' whatever that is, we are eating through our 60GB/Month allowance. What options are there for more daily allowance beyond buying 5GB chunks? Is there an unlimited tariff because I can't see one 🙂
Thanks
-Mat
226 REPLIES 226
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Re: options beyond 60Gb per month?

Yes there is an unlimited plan in a sense.
PN provide the broadband for John Lewis broadband (PN connection, support, billing etc, just with a different name)
its £18 a month for unlimited broadband at line speed, must take phone at £ 13.50 a month though.
https://www.johnlewisbroadband.com/unlimited/
PN product refresh is rumoured to be at the end of this month
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

mlavende
Rising Star

Thanks Mike,
seems like I'd better wait until the end of the month then 🙂
Having been with PN for a long time, I don't want to jump ship.
Cheers
-Mat
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Quote from: mlavende
Having been with PN for a long time, I don't want to jump ship.
Cheers
-Mat

You would not be jumping ship its all still PN just a different name Smiley

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

mlavende
Rising Star

True I suppose.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Probably worth calling Cancellations 0800 432 0200 09:00 - 17:30 every weekday (except Bank Holidays), tell them you're looking into moving because of the 60Gb limit and see what they might be able to offer.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quote from: ITWorks
Yes there is an unlimited plan in a sense.
PN provide the broadband for John Lewis broadband (PN connection, support, billing etc, just with a different name)
its £18 a month for unlimited broadband at line speed, must take phone at £ 13.50 a month though.
https://www.johnlewisbroadband.com/unlimited/
PN product refresh is rumoured to be at the end of this month
Regards
Mike

No changes in the short term.
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

If in an area where fibre is available there is a 120GB product. (+ unmetered overnight usage)
I seem to recall a post where the possibility of paying for the the fibre product and getting the 120GB without actually having fibre was discussed.
mlavende
Rising Star

Thanks everyone,
initially I'll wait and see what comes at the end of the month
Thanks
-Mat
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I thought I should pop in here and clarifying the product refresh rumours.
At the moment we are working on a refresh of our product set, but this is in the very early stages and to set your expectations on it, there aren't going to be any changes in the short term. The refresh is likely to be happening later in the year. Sorry if this isn't what you wanted to hear but rest assured we are looking at it and taking your feedback on board.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've removed my countdown clock from some more recent previous posts in light of this.
Be nice if there is an update before my 12 months line rental payment is up, at the end of 2012, (Christmas Eve !) to consider my PlusNet options, I will stay with PN though.
kingkobra
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
At the moment we are working on a refresh of our product set, but this is in the very early stages and to set your expectations on it, there aren't going to be any changes in the short term. The refresh is likely to be happening later in the year. Sorry if this isn't what you wanted to hear but rest assured we are looking at it and taking your feedback on board.

I won't lie, this is disappointing to hear. I've been with PlusNet for what must be about ten years now, but I am scorned regularly by work colleagues about not moving to an unlimited service. Most are with Sky, and even though I expected problems with their service by now, none are having any. Times are a changing, and I would love to be able to stream TV and movies into my home on a regular basis, but its just not worth the risk of going over my 60Gb limit.  I dont necessarily need unlimited, but an allowance which meant that I didnt need to constantly monitor usage would be very nice. I was considering shifting to the fibre product, mainly just for the additional allowance (although the speed increase would be a bonus), but I certainly wouldn't want to pay the additional tenner a month just for the allowance. I was kind of hoping the fibre product might be made a little cheaper this time round, or the standard broadband product would have its allowance increased.
As it stands, I feel I am being left behind with PlusNet, and I think I will have to seriously consider shifting my service (broadband and phone) elsewhere in the near future. I really don't want to, as I've been really happy for the past ten years, but needs must.
cja
Grafter

Have to agree with KingKobra.
I've been here nearly 8 years, came because of great customer service and innovative and complete products.
What I wanted was "less promise of Jam tomorrow", like 10Mb upload for fibre, so the phrase "likely to be happening later in the year" is just the lack of committment which has been a big issue these last 2-3 years.  I also wanted some "faster innovation", pilots don't count, I want to see you keeping up with BT, not falling over 2 years behind on 40/10, makes me wonder when we'll see 80/20.  The comment "rest assured we are looking at it and taking your feedback on board", is just so ironic.
So in the interests of clarity 80/20 product (not trial), before refresh or not ?
I don't see why it needs to be tied to the refresh, the current products can evolve rather than wait for wholesale change.
CJA
Anonymous
Not applicable

Perhaps after the Olympics are finished, the extra capacity PN are installing will be used to provide upgraded services, such as an actual Unlimited option at not much (nil?) extra cost in these days of streaming, and that is why there is a delay in product upgrades.

Plus the Paralympics of course.
The 2012 Summer Paralympic Games will be the fifteenth Paralympics and will take place between 29 August and 9 September 2012

Subject: Planned Network Maintenance - Friday 18th May 9.00am-5.00pm
What does the work involve?
We're performing some preparatory work to add extra network capacity prior to the Olympic games.
Matt Taylor
Customer Support

Planned Network Maintenance Tuesday 22nd May 2.00pm-Friday 25th May 5.00pm
What does the work involve?
As part of the ongoing Olympics capacity work we need to migrate a number of servers between suites in one of our data centres.
Joanne Pilson
Customer Support
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I understand it's not what you all wanted to hear, but rather than let everyone believe there was one coming up imminently I thought it was better to let you know how things are.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.