cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

open reach no shows there must be a better way to manage them....

amcclean
Rising Star

open reach no shows there must be a better way to manage them....

I had an open reach appt booked for the last 10 or 12 days for yesterday which did not happen.
I called on at 4:15 and was advised it was live on system and still down to go ahead. Subsequently the OR engineer did not show.
Hoping to miss the extremely long phone que I Called Smiley at 11:05 pm as no call from either BT engineer or on to apologise or acknowledge missed attp. Which I find more infuriating than the no show.
CS agent promised I WILL receive a call back to discuss missed appt, re arrange and discuss compensation. Call completed at 11:50pm so agent would have time to process before systems went down at 12am. No note in account regarding call so I am left waiting to see if the PROMISED call will come.
I am not a particularly happy customer today. I am at a loss as to why there is no facility to inform customers the appt. will not happen.
it must be quite clear to the openreach staff that they will not be able to attend all visits by a certain time of day. They should be under obligation to inform pn who should immediately contact the customer to re arrange. it should not be that pn wait until the open reach report arrives with on the next day.
please c an you arrange for someone to phone me on my mobile. this week so far I have spent 1.5 hres on hold to pn plus 5 hrs wasted at home for a no show. 7hrs.
Regards,
Podman
14 REPLIES 14
roisin19
Dabbler

Re: open reach no shows there must be a better way to manage them....

Agreed, better communication is definitely needed. I've had 2 no show appointments last week and an odd text from PN about 4 hours after the 2nd no show.
I know there's no option other than BT, but this is just not good business. If there were several contractors offering a service and one kept missing appointments with no notice then you would go with another contractor. Its ridiculous bt can get away with this because companies have no option but to use them.
amcclean
Rising Star

If PN can get no feedback from OR until the following day maybe they should start post visit courtesy calls to check all went to plan.
It is not good enough to have no communication and no acknowledgement. As you say OR are the only company who can work on the network so we at their mercy but PN should have some pro active plans in place. I was promised a call today before 3pm to discuss my no show but last nights conversation is not showing on the ticket so I guess I'm on to plumbs.
Lats nights CS agent promised me a call today as he had passed my details to his manager who was to pass it through to the correct team and supposedly as it was sent via  a manager it that would guarantee the call would occur.  
I'll let you know if it happens. Taking a deep breath...........   🙂
amcclean
Rising Star

18:20 and no PROMISED call. If PN listen back to my call late last night they will hear it was promised someone would call.
Now I guess I'll have to wait until Monday.
roisin19
Dabbler

It seems the fault is not all with BTOR, I had an appointment booked for today (a Sunday). Thought that was a little odd but said fine, the sooner the better. No engineer showed up so phoned plusnet and the man I spoke to was very confused why it had been booked for a sunday as (expectedly) the BT engineers don't work on sunday. So it seems like a rubbish system that lets appointments be booked (and I even got a nice text message conformation) at times when there's no chance an engineer will show up. No wonder there's so many complaints about no show engineers!
deathtrap
Grafter

And it's not a problem that is unique to FTTC managed  installs , they sometimes also fail to investigate and fix line faults voice or bb  regardless of who the provider happens to be ,Openreach systems  is what the lack of communication will be down to I in the recent past was without a working PSTN (voice service) for 10+days , never got any message from BT (my voice provider) And their support is really painful ,I now refuse to talk with them unless there is no other alternative,useless is an understatement for bt retail support
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Openreach engineers DO work on a Sunday - my last fault was sorted out on a Sunday morning -possibly in certain areas the managers are clamping down on Sunday working because of the overtime costs!!!
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: podman
CS agent promised I WILL receive a call back to discuss missed appt, re arrange and discuss compensation.

When you discuss compensation, bear in mind that OpenReach should be paying Plusnet £45. See http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/updates/briefings/generalbriefings/generalbriefingsarticles/gen...
Quote from: roisin19
It seems the fault is not all with BTOR, I had an appointment booked for today (a Sunday).

Even if it wasn't BTOR's fault, I suggest the amount OpenReach pay should set the level of your expectations with regard to compensation.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
roisin19
Dabbler

Quote from: davidj60
Openreach engineers DO work on a Sunday - my last fault was sorted out on a Sunday morning -possibly in certain areas the managers are clamping down on Sunday working because of the overtime costs!!!

Hmm, well here was me giving me BTOR the benefit of the doubt (this time). That's good to know though, thanks!
Thanks jelv thats's good to know - OR should have paid PN £135 in the last week (3 missed appointments and counting), so will be interesting to see if I see any of that Tongue
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@podman
Really sorry to hear about the missed engineer visit and the way the issue has been handled subsequently.
I am not a particularly happy customer today. I am at a loss as to why there is no facility to inform customers the appt. will not happen.

In a lot of cases Openreach aren't aware that the visit won't be happening until after the booked slot time unfortunately.
It must be quite clear to the openreach staff that they will not be able to attend all visits by a certain time of day. They should be under obligation to inform pn who should immediately contact the customer to re arrange. it should not be that pn wait until the open reach report arrives with on the next day.

In an ideal world and where relevant we'd like to be able to inform customers straight away if for any reason the engineers are unable to attend.
Whilst not ideal at the moment when a customer makes us aware that an engineer hasn't attended the onus should be on us to chase this up as soon as we can. (usually 2 hours after the booked slot) and then communicate back to the customer what happened and urgently deal with a new booking.

I'm happy to pick the issue up, get a new engineer booked and deal with any other loose ends. I can't guarantee I'll get time to call you today though.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
amcclean
Rising Star

Hi Adam,
I would appreciate if you could pick it up.  The engineer arrived unannounced @9:20 today.  My wife had to send him away as she was going out the door. 
The next date I am at home is 27th Dec.
Could you also advise why pn vs staff made promises they did not keep. 
is there some form of compensation re all this frustration.
regards
podman
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

No worries,
I'm chasing this up now.
I'll do my best to get the 27th booked and find out what happened.
Could you also advise why pn vs staff made promises they did not keep. 

You might appreciate there's unlikely to be a straightforward answer to that but rest assured feedback will be passed on and I'm sorry if any calls promised to you weren't made.
I'll add an update to ticket 78545065 for you as soon as possible.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
amcclean
Rising Star

Thank you.
podman
roisin19
Dabbler

Adam,
I would be interested re podman's comment about compensation, is there any in these situations? I've now had 4 no show engineers...
Thanks,
Roisin
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Hi there, you would be best to raise a complaint with PN regarding compensation, thats now £180.00 they should be paid for the four failed visits, if you have lost more than that, in loss of earnings, i would be pushing for that amount. See link on how to complain
Regards
Mike
http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/complaints_code_of_practice.shtml

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.