cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

one thing missing from PN..PN TV

warbleeder
Grafter

one thing missing from PN..PN TV

this isnt a complaint... i think i done enough of that latly...
is there anyplans for PN TV...
Sky Virgin bt ect all have it and include in there pakage at a discount...
i cureently have sky TV but their CS is crap
i heard along time ago that the idea of pn tv was in the air but have heard nothing for awhile.....
would this be something PN are willing to look at......
my argument would be BT have it and your part of them Smiley (not arguing tho)
14 REPLIES 14
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: one thing missing from PN..PN TV

I'd second a request to consider a Plusnet branded version of BT Vision or similar.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

BT Is backing youview So you never know PN might do too?
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

about 5 (maybe more lol) years ago there was talk of supplying bt vision, but that was killed off.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Devonian
Grafter

I used to have btvision, the idea was great, however, in typical bt style it was never updated and it never worked!
After the first month I had watched all I had wanted, and that was it, no new programmes, just a waste of money.
warbleeder
Grafter

it's not the point wether it was a year ago or 5 years... my point is  id rather give plusnet my money than sky
and i trust pn alot more than sky...
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

I was pointing out that it seemed to have been considered and shelved, so I doubt if anything will be forthcoming in the near future.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
godsell4
Rising Star

Yep, lets see what BT and PN do when Youview hits the market this summer.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi all,
We don't have anything on our road map for TV services at present guys but cheers for your feedback.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
gswindale
Grafter

It would be interesting - the only problem I have with the BT Vision service was the requirement for Freeview - we can't pick that up where I live without purchasing an aerial.
There are a number of "BT" services that it would be good to see PN incorporating into their packages - FON is one - I could by a FONERA router, but alternatively PN could adapt the HomeHub and make it available to their customers.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

There used to be webcams scattered around Plusnet Towers that we could log into. Quite interesting viewing at times Undecided
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
fishrow
Grafter

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
Hi all,
We don't have anything on our road map for TV services at present guys but cheers for your feedback.

Right, and keep it that way.
We don't need more people overloading your lines and messing up contention.
WTF is wrong, or is beyond people's capability, with looking at television broadcasts... on a goddam television???
And amazingly, the signal going to the tv set is an electromagnetic wave journeying through the air and available to everyone locally without causing downloading problems.
Even more amazing is a device you can buy in shops!!!!
It can have 2 - two!!! - tuners and can record any number of tv shows you want at any time, and you can then watch them at any suitable time.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

only two.  I have a freesat one, live in Essex and watch Scottish TV  (2 tuners) and a freeview twin tune, can watch live and records four 24/7 - can even feed my PC if I am mad enough, prefer that freestanding thing in the corner
The_10th
Grafter

Quote from: fishrow
Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
Hi all,

Right, and keep it that way.
We don't need more people overloading your lines and messing up contention.
[Censored] is wrong, or is beyond people's capability, with looking at television broadcasts... on a goddam television???
And amazingly, the signal going to the tv set is an electromagnetic wave journeying through the air and available to everyone locally without causing downloading problems.
Even more amazing is a device you can buy in shops!!!!
It can have 2 - two!!! - tuners and can record any number of tv shows you want at any time, and you can then watch them at any suitable time.

Simply put - choice and convenience.
fishrow
Grafter

How pitifully interesting.
Someone who might wish to diminute to an acronym the "World Trade Federation"  to save re-typing it in a lengthy post is going to see a mass of blue letters disrupting the legibility of the text!