cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new vs existing customers

stewarta13wsb
Grafter

new vs existing customers

I think it was 2004 I joined Plusnet, added a few new users along the way too.
Fibre has finally reached the Highlands of Scotland and the best I can get is £20 odd vs list price of £22 per month. Imagine my disillusionment when I look at the offers page before I sign in to the members centre - just for new customers.
I'd be better closing my 11 year old account and opening one in my wife's name, or just go to BT for some huge 6-12 month savings.
I thought Plusnet were better than this  Sad
18 REPLIES 18
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: new vs existing customers

I'm in the same area, and got a good deal for my Unlimited Fibre Plus by calling the Customer Options team on 0800 013 2632 or 0330 123 9197.
I would include the opening hours, but the pages which give these numbers say that the opening hours are on the Contact Us page. They're very well hidden...
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

COT opening hours are
    8am - 8pm Monday to Friday
    9am - 7pm Saturday
    9am - 6pm Sunday
David
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

As others have stated your best off speaking with our COT team.
I'm confident we can get something sorted for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

As I've said before, it would be good if PN just sold 'honest broadband' ie fair pricing for all customers rather than resorting to offers.  Clearly however it's a competitive market and one where you have to copy the tactics employed by others.
Making existing loyal customers call in to beg for new pricing isn't the solution however - Pro-actively offering them attractive renewal pricing when contracts expire would set PN apart from the competition and perhaps prevent churn?
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

We do contact some customers who are opted in to e-mail and telephone communications with offers and certain deals.
It depends on various things such as their market area, if fibres been recently enabled and coming up to the end of their contract.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
x47c
Grafter

Quote from: pwatson
Making existing loyal customers call in to beg for new pricing isn't the solution however - Pro-actively offering them attractive renewal pricing when contracts expire would set PN apart from the competition and perhaps prevent churn?

With all due respect - this is how the rest of the world works outside the fluffy cosy regulated zone of the UK consumer buying stuff from places like Tesco.
In short if you don't; ask you don't get and if you do nothing expecting the world to beat a path to your door giving out things for no reason then you will be out of luck.
(That can also apply to getting pay rises!)
Suppose person A is prepared to pay rate X for their broadband - if upon renewal you proactively offer them a cheaper price then as they are unlikely to 'buy more broadbands' to compensate you for the reduced revenue from them then all you (plusnet) have done is just reduced your profit from them.
Now you say ah, but you have prevented them leaving - not necessarily so.
You may have prevented a very small number leaving but at a huge cost to your revenue base by given 'everyone' the price reduction regardless of their intention.
As we know most people really do have more  important worries in their lives from children through problems with cars and houses to looking after elderly parents to be bothered about changing suppliers with all the aggro it entails.
So by only giving reductions to those who phone up and say "right we're off  - up yours plusnet" you maximise the overall revenue earned across the entire customer base.
Yes there will be some who simply leave without asking - but frankly in mass markets where subscribers numbers are approaching a million are you bothered - no, you are not until the numbers silently quitting become significant.
Yes, this introduces the concept of people paying different amounts for the same service depending on many things  or how much negotiating power they have - but again out there in the wide world that is how it works - indeed in another consumer area such price disparity between subscribers is regarded as 'normal' - that of the holiday and travel industry.
As I've said on here before in business, companies have entire departments focused solely on getting the best price out of their suppliers and evaluating options and alternatives to give them a better negotiating option. They certainly do not rely on being given the best deal each time by the supplier 'cos if that happened that could dispense with most of these purchasing and evaluation sections
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

Sadly the OP is typical of the reticent Britain (or Scot) if I read his post correctly,  member since 2004 and never rung the COT i do it at every opportunity and have never been disappointed yet. And I'm quiet happy with the price of my fibre upgrade  Cool
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Negotiating with PN via COT is no different from negotiating my Sky contract, car insurance renewal, home insurance..........ad infinitum. The occasional 5 minutes phone call saves me £100s per annum. Like Peter L, I am more than happy with the cost of my unlimited fibre.  Smiley
Inertia can be extremely expensive.
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

Quote from: Matthew
As others have stated your best off speaking with our COT team.
I'm confident we can get something sorted for you.

Apparently not... the price went down to £18 odds but not for super speedy fibre and now I've got a copy of the ticket the contract has sneaked up from 18 months to 2 years.
Not really impressed when you look at the new business offers  Undecided  Cry
2u2me
Pro
Fixes: 3

Hia
If its a moan fair enough, if it was me then i would try one of the suggestions in your opening post
Regards
amcclean
Rising Star

Where do we opt in or out of offers. I've been here for over ten years and would like a deal similar to new customers.
I called the team mentioned but was told no offer was possible until I was nearer the end of my contract even thought I offered to re contract.
I now have to wait until Oct or January, i can't remember which, before I can make enquires and ask again.
podman
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Quote from: podman
Where do we opt in or out of offers.

Communication Preferences
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=modifyMailOptions
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

except you don't receive any  Sad
amcclean
Rising Star

It appears that I have all the offers selected. Now if only I did receive a great loyalty offer as an existing customer.