cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my years experience with plusnet

scootie
Grafter

my years experience with plusnet

time i jumped on the band wagon and gave my 2p's worth on my exprince with plusnet. yes its a good one as the posts not going any where near rants and raves.
first of i started on bbyw option 1 which suited this houses usage needs at the time. the sign up was o.k and the speeds on web browsing and downloads for the type's of traffic used by option 1 customers ran tip top 24/7.
I then started getting into gaming. so i upgraded to option 3 which at the time i think had 20gb inculed which has since bein put upto 30gb Smiley and i have tried for the life of me to reach the limit with xbox gaming, web browsing, iplayer and cant do it my eyes nearly turned into squares when trying a months xbox gaming feast to reach limit and gaming even hardly registerd on the traffic usage page.
i turned off interleaving which plusnet offers to lower ping times the holy garil for gamers. other isps offer interleaving off but not many. and used the wealth of knowledge on the PN help and surrport pages and the forum members and pn staff  to tweak my longish line to be able to best cope with gaming traffic and currently iam out performing pretty much all other friends on diffrent isp's on ping times on xbox Smiley even the samuel L jackson branded 50mb 20mb virgin users weep at my permoance. Grin
as for the CS well had a dealing with CS today that promted me to finaly post this seal of apvoal post.
i posted this unimprotant post to most isp's about adsl2 trail and gaming http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,73795.0.html and was very surrpised that i got a call the following day from some one asking for ASBO DOG yes it was PN. ringing about the concerns i had. i was lost for words that an isp would take the time to call up a customer that had posted a wee concern about somthing thats going to happen in the future.
now nothings ever perfect all the time wouldnt be natrual otherwise and there has bein 2 times of the year and half i have bein with PN where the down speeds on a certain type of traffic have bein lower than the expected for that type of traffic.
the 1st was where p2p got stuck at the 32KB/s traffic managment level and didnt not get relesed to full line speed at the midnight to 2pmish time. a few customers was effected i think this started at the start of a weekend and was sorted by the end of it so not a great problem.
the second the more recent slow down that happend the 0x60 download sever queue whic effected some downloads on the network but yet again PN kept its customers informed of the problem and the fix's they where putting in place to solve it which they did. all the time the gaming traffic has bein unafected by any slowdowns thats why they have the clever traffic managment system to protect web browsing,gaming and voip traffic.
so i guess thats a dont just judge a company on its problems but how they go about fixing them.
so in a nut shell if your light email web browsering user that wants a dependable connection then option 1 package is tip top.
If your a conssiur of time sensitive intrenet traffic with high monthly bandwidth usage the option 3 or pro package is a gd chocie.
and then theres option 2, the phone bundles.
referal fees for signing new customers up,reduction in monthly bill cost for being loyal and signing up again for 12 months(£5 off every month in my case)
the list just keeps going on so i wwill end it here.
the way PN reward there CS teams. I think jameseh should at least get to choice the event/prize this time for all the hard work he does on the forum.
Or maybe book him on a sky diving trip for all his gd work on here. (whats that jameseh dont like hights and now asking forum mods to edit that surregstion out the post) Grin
6 REPLIES 6
Mark
Grafter

Re: my years experience with plusnet

Or maybe book him on a sky diving trip for all his gd work on here

Now thats a novel idea. Thanks for that one ASBO and the feedback Smiley
scootie
Grafter

I will have to add to this post in a years time as iam now on unlimited and things seem to be changing at PN abit.
still have faith in PN and can see the next year being pretty much problem free.
@ mark. dont forget to pack his parchute. we dont want to lose a gd cs guy
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Quote from: Mark
Or maybe book him on a sky diving trip for all his gd work on here

Now thats a novel idea. Thanks for that one ASBO and the feedback Smiley

Ah!  But are you going to fund the FULL package - including the parachute - Mark Grin
I for one would prefer he survived the experience.
Maurice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mark
Grafter

Na. Blondie's used to a bit of freefalling. The experience will be character building Tongue
James
Grafter

Yep.
Things do go rapidly downhill as soon as you leave the south.
scootie
Grafter

as your leaving james i think we should change the bog standard sky dive to a base jump off PN tower, with your skills thoe am sure you could answer a few tickets and make a few phone calls before touching the ground again