cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mobil broadband

exunpl
Dabbler

mobil broadband

I am very happy with my Plusnet broadband but I have been asked if Plusnet will consider adding mobile broadband for a extra small charge to the landline tariff.
Interested to hear any views.
5 REPLIES 5
James
Grafter

Re: mobil broadband

Hiya,
Right now I would have to say that it would be quite unlikely for us to offer a standalone mobile broadband product.  that's mainly down to the amount that it would cost us to get everything all set up and the amount of sign ups we would need to make it cost in.  That's not to say that things wouldn't change in the future, who knows what's 6/12 months round the corner?
What we are potentially looking at doing is enhancing our faults journey on certain products with a mobile broadband option.  But that's still really just an idea currently and nothing has been agreed as of yet.
exunpl
Dabbler

Many thanks for reply and still happy with service I get.
andy1turner

Hi there
I noticed the other day that when i connected to a BT OPenZone AP I was offered PlusNet as an account  ;).  Not much help to me as a Metronet user  Angry as the Metronet help desk says it is only available to PlusNet users.  Is this a reason to move to PlusNet?
Regards
Andrew
James
Grafter

Hi Andrew,
I'm afraid that we've actually stopped offering WiFi and that's basically down to BT not removing us from their WiFi systems.
Simon_M
Grafter

Quote from: Jameseh
I'm afraid that we've actually stopped offering WiFi

That comes as no great surprise. WiFi suffered because the various providers never got their act together & sorted out the peering necessary to make it an attractive proposition.
It does make the idea that the OP raised more attractive though - mobile broadband as an add-on product to an existing account (not necessarily a standalone product James). You would be obliged to team up with BT Mobile, I'm sure, but I'm certain a lot of your business customers would pay somewhere between £10-15/mth to be allowed to have 1GB of their traffic over a mobile link. I suspect that they would rather buy the modem outright rather than have an inflated contract price or minimum period.
[Especially if anyone knows how to unlock the Three, Orange, Vodaphone etc modem they might already own  Tongue ]