cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lost emails and DNS blacklists

windfarmer

lost emails and DNS blacklists

i read here, and on the email forum, about problems with emails not being delivered. i can shed some light on this because i too have had emails disappear without a trace. it is because plusnets email servers are on a black list operated by uce protect. apparently plusnet is sending out spam emails and have been reported and thus blacklisted. this makes a mockery of the new ironport system doesn't it?
plusnet will not do anything to remove this block ... except wait until 7 days after the last spam has been sent to see if the block is lifted! meanwhile us paying customers have to wait too. WHY? we are paying in full for a service that is not being provided in full. and who is to say that they wont get listed again? then we have to wait another 7 days!
if it is so great why cant the ironport system stop outgoing spam from plusnet customers? those caught sending it should be terminated and banned from every isp.
in the meantime can i ask that something is done instead of just sitting idly by and waiting? why cant we be allowed to relay email through another isp while the culprit is caught?  as usual the paying customer is stuck in the middle. remember the plusnet / uk2 forwarded email fiasco last year? i know many people who left plusnet over this alone. plusnet, please take note before you lose more customers.
2 REPLIES 2
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: lost emails and DNS blacklists

Spamming these boards does not go down well!
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,218.0.html#post_cross
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: lost emails and DNS blacklists

adie:red locked in favour of http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,75566.0.html which is in the correct area. Cross posting is not allowed link:rules]
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'