cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

late router deliver, line cut off and now NO working telephone line or broadband

markyR1962

late router deliver, line cut off and now NO working telephone line or broadband

Swopped over to Plusnet from TalkTalk, BIG mistake from the Intel lack of follow up or setup , The telephone line and broadband cut off before the router was dispatched, we have now had no phone line since 26th November  and we have an 83 yard old mother who now has NO access to telephone line if she needs it and I I know  see you take 20 mins to answer a telephone call, who pays my mobile phone bill  while I sit and wait for you to answer the phone and why is there NO CLEAR Email CONTACT BUTTON  on your site so this sorry situation can be rectified
7 REPLIES 7
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Re: late router deliver, line cut off and now NO working telephone line or broadband

Hi Marky,
A warm welcome to the forums.  Sad to hear of your tale of woe.
Migrations from Talk-Talk are all too frequently tricky, not just in terms of their management of terminations, but also the technical jobs needing to be coordinated by BTOR.  Did you by chance tell TT that you were leaving and give them a date?  If yes, then sadly that's where the problems might have started.  Migrating users should never give the loosing provider an end date - that should be left to the acquiring supplier.  There is some risk that your old phone number could be lost as well.
This needs attention of someone in provisioning.  PlusNET ought to have advised more clearly if there were migration issues from TT.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: late router deliver, line cut off and now NO working telephone line or broadband

Hi Marky
Make sure you use the freephone number to contact Plusnet.
All UK mobiles have had free calls to 0800 numbers since July this year.
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

I've checked over the account and the orders and it appears the orders completed as expected on 25/11/15. I am sorry to hear you are experiencing a fault with the services and I understand you have been in touch today to raise this matter.
I can see we have also now raised this with our suppliers and an engineer has been booked in for you, I hope they are able to resolve this for you on your appointment day.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: markyR1962
who pays my mobile phone bill  while I sit and wait for you to answer the phone

Nobody (not even you) because calls to 0800 numbers have been free from all mobiles since July. Link
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
gjp112n
Dabbler

why is there NO CLEAR Email CONTACT BUTTON  on your site so this sorry situation can be rectified

Because that would be too easy for you, you could compose and send your email and get on with your life instead of waiting for the phone to be answered or someone to respond on chat
And making life easy for customers is not top of Plusnets priorities  Grin
Welcome to our world !
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quote from: spoon
who pays my mobile phone bill  while I sit and wait for you to answer the phone

Nobody (not even you) because calls to 0800 numbers have been free from all mobiles since July. Link

Or to look at it another way, you and your fellow plusnet customers pay. While 0800 numbers are free to the caller, as far as I'm aware there is a charge to the recipient of the call. BT's business website ( http://business.bt.com/phone-services/low-rate-and-freefone-numbers/ ) indicates that the recipient will pay just under 7p per minute for a call from a mobile. I assume plusnet will pay this out of their revenue from customers...
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

So we should all make a point of using our mobiles to call Plusnet - that might concentrate their minds on getting the waiting times down.
<cynic>I wonder if they prioritise answering calls from mobiles to try and keep the costs down?</cynic>
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)