cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

just seen

oddjob
Dabbler

just seen

Force9 has always been good with my company (business broadband) since I moved from Nildram many years ago. Most folk on the web seem to prefer you to BT for several reasons but, in some browsing on the issue today (after the fault was fixed !!), I came across this site and some rants ...
http://www.broadband-expert.co.uk/broadband-reviews/plusnet-broadband-reviews
I don't know anything about this site at all but, to me, the comments are vitriolic. This seems to be something out of the ordinary so I raise it in case F9 / Plusnet aren't aware and want to do anything about it.
So far as my business is concerned .... keep up the good work and do NOT move calls centres to Mumbai, Taiwan or wherever.  Sheffield is cool. Cool
11 REPLIES 11
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: just seen

Thanks for flagging that up, it's a site we're already aware of but unfortunately can do very little about the reviews on there other than giving good service in the first instance.
Glad to hear you're happy with the service and we'll keep up the good work!
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
oddjob
Dabbler

Hi Chris
Could you not join the site and reply to such comments in an effort to resolve issues like that? Or is that not the "done thing"?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

We have a login for that site, along with most other sites out there. The problem is that most review sites don't actually allow people to respond to reviews and will remove any replies that break this rule.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
oddjob
Dabbler

Ho hum.
Oh well.
Onward & upward.   Smiley
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

looking at the reviews for other providers most of them have a fairly high ratio of appalling reviews - I really wonder about the value of these reviews
oddjob
Dabbler

Yes, I agree with you, Jim. I wonder too.
Hence my remark about not knowing who this bunch are although the site doesn't appear to be a one man blog / rant site. They seem to be fairly clued up. That's what caught my eye on this occasion otherwise I wouldn't have bothered.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

We've had ex customers in here who have said "I'm leaving and will fuck tell everyone I know to avoid fuck Plusnet and will post on TBB etc >:("
Happy customers generally don't spam ISP review sites with glowing testimonials.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
oddjob
Dabbler

Quote from: Strat
Happy customers generally don't spam ISP review sites with glowing testimonials.
Now there's a thought. Radical.  Cool
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: Strat

I just submitted my honest review to help redress the ballance. Smiley
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Much appreciated guys. I've been monitoring these sites lately and it does seem that most people go on there to vent. Like Chris said though I suppose all we can do is try to improve Smiley
x47c
Grafter

I strongly would advise Plusnet to ignore the site, and not be tempted to reply - even if you were able to
You will only get yourself in a mess as your replies will act as a magnet for all and sundry to invent complaints safe in the knowledge that they will not be identified - however any official Plusnet reponder IS identified. 
So we get to the stage where "Disgusted of Doncaster" will be describing Plusnet as a bunch of crooks - or whatever,while Plusnet can hardly respond by describing the poster as a lying piece of *****.
In such verbal batterings Plusnet will always appear to come off worse.
It is quite possible that some of the reviews are actually mischief making by rival ISP's.