cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

joint Plusnet - an incompetent service managed by nasty incompetent people

timpurcell
Grafter

joint Plusnet - an incompetent service managed by nasty incompetent people

Aaarrgh. The pain of moving home.  As a determined BT refusenik because of...well...where do you start...I've been using O2 home phone and broadband services until they made a complete hash of sorting out my move. They were, however, very apologetic about it but the bottom line was...can you actually do this and it didn't seem they could. So time for a change...out with the pin into the list and I went for Plusnet. OMG!! What a bad idea. This company is utterly incompetent, has not the first idea of customer service, are grasping bastards when it comes to money, will not admit when they have got things wrong, supply substandard hardware, lie to customers about their services in the name of hard sell and cannot process the simplest request effectively, courteously or in a timely manner. Worse they are exploitative and in complete denial about the manifest failings in their customer services function. I shall be requesting a MAC code as soon as I (finally) get a broadband line next week. Dear Plusnet service users. Get out and run for the hills. This company is the pits.

65 REPLIES 65
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Re: joint Plusnet - an incompetent service managed by nasty incompetent people

Nowhere in your tirade have you told us specifically what problem(s) you have encountered with PlusNet.
You seem to have the same poor opinion of your previous ISPs BT and O2 so is there a common factor to your issues? Could it be that you ar a long way from your exchange? .... or that you have a poor Line .... or House wiring problems or some other problem common to all three relationships.
If you are not seeking assistance but simply wanting to vent you spleen then I think you have achieved that.
timpurcell
Grafter

OK problems with Plus Net's service. The company cannot place an order and process if effectively, Its staff do not understand telecommunications and are often rude, arrogant and offensive. It's customer services function has not been designed to deal with people who have customer services issues. It cannot deal with complaints because it does not have a procedure which is fit for purpose. Its relationship with BT means that it is not possible for it to carry out a good proportion of its services in a fair way because BT simply can't conduct its services in a reasonable manner. And...worse....it's a rip off merchant of the highest order much like its parent.
3dognight

Tim - totally agree with you.  Had an almost identical experience.  BT is their parent company as you point out and the UK call centres defer to a supervisory centre in India which they can't get hold of by phone.  I became exasperated with the broadband issues which Plusnet were just not up to sorting (technically or customer service).  I phoned Virgin and got broadband within 24 hours.  Plusnet couldn't do this in over a month.  Useless. The MD Jamie Ford washes complaints down to James Bailey who's head of customer distress.  He did his utmost to be over-defensive with unreliable and constantly changing information.  This customer got more distressed.
AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

OK, so lot's of noise, but tell us what went wrong?
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
matt_2k34
Grafter

2 users join within half an hour of each other, and only post in each others threads. I smell conspiracy  Crazy
*prod* PN staff, looking at the accounts assigned to each user - any enlightenment (even if its just they've left the company as customers  ::))
Regards
lexusuk
Grafter

Quote from: timpurcell
It cannot deal with complaints because it does not have a procedure which is fit for purpose.

This is not correct.  We have a clear proceedure when it comes to complaints.  For full details see our Code of Practice here:
http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/complaints_code_of_practice.shtml
@timpurcell and @3dognight
I'm happy to look in to the issues on your accounts to see if I can help if you would like me to do so?
3dognight

"2 users join within half an hour of each other, and only post in each others threads. I smell conspiracy"
And I smell a growing discontented customer base.  We just happen to agree that Plusnet are poor service and customer providers - in simple terms.  Surely these forums are open to receive complaint as well as praise or are employees masquerading with childish anti-complaint posts?  These 2 particular users have valid, legitimate and independent complaints and have both received a very rough customer service experience.  I'm absolutely sure we are not the only 2 people in the world to suffer bad service all round from Plusnet.
Plusnet makes trading promises which, in my case, have been breached (I'm not going to repeat the saga it's already posted).  Plusnet - evidenced by its tv advertising campaign - want to grow, and dissatisfied customers are key to improving the clearly broken business model.  So, in effect complaints should help Plusnet get it right and therefore promote business growth. Unfortunately Plusnet are defensive, seemingly most staff are unskilled and there is generally very poor understanding and mis-communication in my opinion.  And that's not good customer service - honesty, ability, resolution and quality are indicators missing from this user's experience.
Running my own business I know about customer service and not once, not even for a moment, would I dream of treating my customers like Plusnet do.  They clearly don't need customers or growth...
3dognight

Quote from: Matt_2k34
2 users join within half an hour of each other, and only post in each others threads. I smell conspiracy  Crazy
*prod* PN staff, looking at the accounts assigned to each user - any enlightenment (even if its just they've left the company as customers  ::))
Regards

Oh and by the way I'm (unfortunately) still a phone customer but I ditched the broadband because no one could resolve the issues in anything like a clear timeframe - and working from home most of the time I can't afford to wait 2 weeks or so for them to try to resolve the many (and conflicting) issues we were told it was causing the problems.
Are you 14?  Crazy
lexusuk
Grafter

@3dognight
I've reviewed your account and also discussed what happened once the issue reached our CEO and complaints team in the hope that we can learn from this.
It appears that there was an issue with your initial order which caused a delay.  Following your email to Jamie your case was passed to the head of the complaints team.  The delayed order was then escalated to the highest level with BT at director level.  This set the wheels in motion to expedite the order but during the progression of the escalation you advised us that you would like to cancel the order with us and seek broadband services elsewhere.
From what you've said in your previous posts it appears the issue here was the timeframe involved in providing your service.  Sadly it appears in this case there was nothing further we could have done to reduce the lead time of your order.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@timpurcell
It looks like the problems started with the simultaneous provide, I apologise that this didn't happen and for the delay in providing the broadband that has followed.
I'm not sure though what it is that's wrong with the router? It's described during the signup process which is when you ordered it, though if you're not happy and the router hasn't been opened then we will happily refund the cost in full (or remove the deferred hardware contract and associated fees from the account) on its return.
With regard to the refunds you've requested, you aren't charged for the service until it goes live so there isn't anything that could be refunded due to the missed simultaneous provide order I'm afraid.
I'm likewise sorry if our staff didn't meet your expectations but it's not clear from the records on your account what is substandard about the phone service that's been provided nor what it is you expect them to know about telecommunications? If you'd like to advise I'd be happy to make sure these issues are addressed and training is given where necessary.
So to summarise, if you could elaborate on the areas in which we've let you down we'd be happy to investigate however at present I'm afraid we haven't got much information to go on.
timpurcell
Grafter

Cry right the issues at the time of writing and they are very long and very lengthy. The company sent a BT engineer yesterday who turned up at short notice despite the promised two hour window.  He was very nearly not able to do the work required because he required access to parts of the building I didn't even know existed. This wasn't explained to me beforehand.
When the service was set up there was no broadband as promised.  This is arriving - apparently - next Wednesday and this can't be moved forward. The company has sent me a router which was not the one promised and is refusing to accept it back again. It's also ancient in technology terms.
It does not have a complaints procedure.  It has a fobbing off and lying process masquerading as one.  I refuse to use it after trying it yesterday afternoon barely one hour after the home phone service went live.
The add on services to the home phone service seem not to be working.  Some idiot from the company has just called me to ask which ones are not working,  Doh! How am I supposed to know? There is no indication of when this is going to be addressed as yet.  He put the phone down on me in mid call.
The company is taking payments from me for services it has not yet delivered and for substandard equipment.
It is refusing to compensate me.
It's customer services staff are often rude and unpleasant.  I've been dealing with this "service" for less than 24 hours and heading rapidly for the exits by the looks of it. PlusNet you are horrible!
James
Grafter

Tim,
You haven't used the complaints procedure.
I have staff answering tickets and letters which have been raised via our formal (and Ofcom approved) complaints procedure which can be found here:
http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/complaints_code_of_practice.shtml
If you refuse to use it, this is obviously your decision, however my team would be more than happy to help you should you elect to do so.
timpurcell
Grafter

No I won't use it.  I don't see why I should.  I've told you what's wrong on here, over the phone, on Twitter and everywhere else I can think of. I'm not playing ball with your ridiculous systems because they're rubbish. Just sort it out please.  It's not a lot to ask.  At the moment each contact I get from you is making a bad situation worse and I'm sick to death of you.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Cry right the issues at the time of writing and they are very long and very lengthy. The company sent a BT engineer yesterday who turned up at short notice despite the promised two hour window.  He was very nearly not able to do the work required because he required access to parts of the building I didn't even know existed. This wasn't explained to me beforehand.

That sounds like it may be a block of flats, or similar? It's not always the case but sometimes the lines in are gathered in a sort of 'mini exchange' somewhere in the flats, though likewise this isn't something we're aware of prior to the engineer's visit.
When the service was set up there was no broadband as promised.  This is arriving - apparently - next Wednesday and this can't be moved forward. The company has sent me a router which was not the one promised and is refusing to accept it back again. It's also ancient in technology terms.

I'm afraid there's no detail on the account of any hardware other than that ordered during the signup process, which is the Thomson TG585v8 (I believe this is the same router used on O2's service, who were your previous provider?) - I assure you it's the most recent version of this router that Thomson offer and is suitable for both ADSL and ADSL2 connections. If something different was promised at any time (or you didn't receive the 585v8) please advise and we'll investigate for you.
It does not have a complaints procedure.  It has a fobbing off and lying process masquerading as one.  I refuse to use it after trying it yesterday afternoon barely one hour after the home phone service went live.

It looks like James has already addressed this so I'll leave this one.
The add on services to the home phone service seem not to be working.  Some idiot from the company has just called me to ask which ones are not working,  Doh! How am I supposed to know? There is no indication of when this is going to be addressed as yet.  He put the phone down on me in mid call.

I'm afraid all we can go on is the order records we have from our supplier, which will state that the orders are complete and the add-ons provided. If they're not working unfortunately we rely on our customers to report this in order that we can investigate, and as I said there aren't any specifics about which are working and which aren't on your account - this is what the agent was calling to find out, though I sincerely apologise that he hung up on you mid call. I've listened to this call with his line manager and can assure you this has been addressed.
The company is taking payments from me for services it has not yet delivered and for substandard equipment.
It is refusing to compensate me.

As I've said above, if you could advise specifically what's wrong with the hardware and what's not working with the services you've ordered we'll happily investigate however without this information we're not able to progress any investigation.