cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A bit of a shame....

wirdy1

A bit of a shame....

that Plusnet are unlike all other agencies I have spoken to in supporting our HM Forces.
I am preparing to deploy on Operations overseas  in September.
Sky TV have suspended all my subscriptions free of charge for 3 months, as have the council tax authorities, as have TV licensing, as have my car and bike insurers.
So my plusnet broadband will sit there doing nothing for months while I am away and I hope Plusnet are happy with their business model in not giving a little bit back and supporting those of us who have to go away from our loved ones for our country. I trust those that make these decisions will have a lovely Christmas at home too, with their families, unlike many of us who will be away.
Yeah, I know, we made the choice to join the Forces, but it's nice that most organisations do recognise the sacrifices we make for this country of ours (even if I wonder sometimes if it's worth it when I see the rioting on the streets).
Over to you again Plusnet.....

Username wirdy1
We are pleased to be able to inform you that a member of our Customer Support
Centre has now escalated your Question [number  45270783 ]
for further investigation.
The following comment was added to the Question
Dear Mr Wirdnam,
Thank you for your query.
Unfortunately the only thing possible to lower your payment whilst you are out of the country would be to lower your package.
Please accept my sincere apologies that i am not able to lower the price for you and wish you every luck with your trip.
Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://contactus.plus.net or by phone on 0845 140 0200 if we can be of further assistance.
Kind regards,
[mremoved]
Read or respond to your Question -
http://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=questions
IMPORTANT: Do not reply to this email, our Support Team can only deal with inquiries through the Help Assistant
Regards,
Customer Support
--
http://portal.plus.net

PlusNet plc
Registered Office: Internet House, 2 Tenter Street, Sheffield, S1 4BY
Registered in England no: 3279013
VAT registration number: 842254440
dick:csa
9 REPLIES 9
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Re: A bit of a shame....

There are a couple of things that could happen here, both of which have a cost to Plusnet.  If they keep broadband on the line then they will still incure a cost to the supplyer each month, even if no data goes down that line.  The other option is to cancel the connection (which will cost money), then put broadband on again when you return (at more cost).  Depending on how long you will be away for would determin which would be the most cost effective, but there isn't a way for Plusnet to stop charging you without it costing them (and hence all their subscribers) money.
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

wirdy1

Absolutely Phil.
Not looking to get something for nothing. Just a small concession.
Even a reduction to an arbitrary fee that means it is cost neutral to plusnet would be fair.
Not being offered that. Just an offer to go to the basic package. In this case I pay for bandwidth that I have no opportunity to use.
Would prefer not to disconnect/ reconnect, but happy to do that. There will be 'admin' fees to do this no doubt?
Perhaps I'm being unreasonable? Just looking to this forum to gauge this before I write to the CEO.

matt_2k34
Grafter

I agree with you completely wirdy, but as pjmarsh has stated, it will cost PN money to do this.
SKY for example (tv) can just disable + enable your account on the fly, it doesnt 'cost' them anything as they're not paying a 'supplier'.
Going down to the minimum account is probably the best option you can get with this sort of service.
I dont think your being 'unreasonable' but i think it should be worth noting that the value package would be about what theyd have to charge you for having no package on the account id of thought. (The 10gb/month is not going to cost PN a lot, nor are they going to make bundles of profit)
The admin costs will be more than running the bb at a reduced rate for several months i think (£25 each time?) but again, this isnt charged by PN its charged by BT
Regards
James
Grafter

@Wirdy
I've dropped you a PM.
Can you email me please.
wirdy1

PM sent James.
wirdy1

Thank you Plusnet.
Resolved to mutual satisfaction  Smiley
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Well done James.
This thread is a model of how customers can get issues resolved.
The Customer shared the problem with the Forum;
The Forum members gave their considered opinion on the validity of the issue and suggested resolution;
PlusNet acted promptly to resolve the issue amicably.
I would go further to say that this thread has enhanced PlusNet's reputation. Contrast this thread with the other (3) threads which started with a rant with NO detail being shared with the Forum members for reference and applicability to other users.
R
p.s. I forgot to say to Wirdy1.... Have a safe tour of duty and I look forward to your early and safe return. - R
Again, only my opinion.  Smiley Cool
wirdy1

Quote from: Wheel_nut

p.s. I forgot to say to Wirdy1.... Have a safe tour of duty and I look forward to your early and safe return. - R

I totally agree with your comments.  Thank you Wheel_nut for your feedback and your wishes.  Smiley
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

i totaly agree with the idea that everyone should do as much as they can to support our lads fighting abroad  Wink especially the big companys around .
i myself had 10 years in the RAF as did my father who had 23years service.
would be nice if PN would place a link for "Help For Heroes" on their page somewhere .
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk ;   Here it is
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .