cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

internet failure

foodcritic

internet failure

My broadband went down in the early hours of 17/3/15 and after carrying out all the tests to see if i could repair it(unsuccessfully) I reported it at 6.30 a.m. I was given an automated reply saying it can take up to 24 hours for it to investigated. After this had expired i called the helpline only to be informed that no-one would look at the problem until after 72 hours and this was standard procedure!!!!
What great technical assistance that is, NOT!!!!!
16 REPLIES 16
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: internet failure

I'm sorry for the delay in answering your ticket. I've run a line test and not found any particular fault.
The fault has come through as authentication, can you confirm this is correct and what errors you get? We generally require an engineer with fibre faults but hopefully there is something quick that we can advise of which may assist.
For instance, trying a PPPOE connection directly to the modem would rule out the router being a problem (see this page for guidance).
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
foodcritic

I have just come off the phone to a technical guy and he has not been able to resolve my problem. What bothers me even more is that if I had not called the helpline who would have contacted me to try and help me?
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

Have you checked your tickets in the members centre it should all be recorded there  Smiley
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
foodcritic

Yes, I only got a reply after I had been on the phone to technical. I now have to wait for a BT engineer to come out on Monday, so I will have been without internet for 6 days by then, GREAT!
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Can we double check what diagnostics you have done? From memory, there wasn't much information on the ticket and testing didn't show any faults.
If possible, we'd like to run through all diags now to see if we can get this sorted before the engineer comes out. The above test could rule out the router (or confirm the problem to be the router).
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
foodcritic

I have gone through a series of tests with a technical guy over the phone, his results are on your system. If the engineer who is coming on Monday finds that nit is a fault with your equipment (as last time) will that mean that I will have to wait for replacements to be sent, thus delaying me even more?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there,
We're seeing a connection since just after 10am this morning. Is everything working as expected now?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
foodcritic

yes I'm back online now
catelliott
Grafter

Glad to hear it! Sorry for the problems that you had getting the issue rectified, but pleased to hear that you're back online Smiley
Incarnet

Got to say same issue here. No internet on the fibre since last Thursday, no contact from PlusNet I eventually called and was told nothing would be done until Tuesday, pray tell how is that "Doing us proud" when I can order goods from Amazon and have the next day and yet after we have tested the line direct with the Openreach box we don't have any contact at all from Plusnet about what's going on. what I found really irritating was the fact that, having eventually to fill and follow the instructions on the tests on my mobile phone, there was no confirmation by email that PlusNet had in fact logged that fault. I did notice (once I remembered that tethering was possible to my mobile phone) looking on the assist log that the phone call I made hadn't been logged, I also noticed today that the further comment about it still not working last night had not been responded to 21 hours late. I was also interested to see that CSC were logged on the system as being involved, weren't they the company that had the disaster with the NHS system amongst others. Anyway got to say haven't been here (with PlusNet) long and its been so far a total disappointment, proud no. starting to wish I stayed with my previous supplier on a normal BB, coz there is absolutely no point in having an advertised blistering speed if its not working at all. it won't take many days of inactivity to bring the average down below my normal broadband speeds. Biggest problem though by far is TALK TO US, KEEP US UPDATED WITH WHAT YOU ARE DOING. going by the log on the Assistant its not a lot.
Chris
Legend

Hi Incarnet
I'm just going to have a look at your fault now. Before I do, I'd just like to confirm one thing from your post:
I was also interested to see that CSC were logged on the system as being involved, weren't they the company that had the disaster with the NHS system amongst others.

The CSC is our own Customer Support Centre.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Incarnet

Ok thanks for that, unfortunate acronym. Just frustrated by the way didn't mean to have a dig.
Chris
Legend

No problem at all. I think I've managed to get you back online for now, we still need to look at why the connection is disconnecting but at least you can use it again.
Incarnet

I'll give it a go