cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPad Email Set-up

franklyfrank

iPad Email Set-up

Gave my wife an iPad for her birthday.  Assumed it would be easy to set up her Force9 email account - WRONG!
Phoned Plusnet Support - after a few minutes of very low level tech support the agent said he had to terminate the call as his manager had advised him this was an Apple problem.  Thanks for that.
After several searches I found a thread on a plusnet forum where BE3G was trying to help someone set up mail on an iPod Touch.  As a last resort he suggested using iTunes to sync the user's email account settings and this had worked.
I tried it on the iPad and, guess what, it worked as well.
I've seen loads of traffic querying how to set up iPad email.  I suggest the iTunes solution is something plusnet support should be aware of.
Thanks BE3G.  Up yours Plusnet tech support!
4 REPLIES 4
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: iPad Email Set-up

I've set up many a Plusnet email account on an iPad without the need to sync anything with iTunes! Huh The process isn't all too dissimilar to this.
Perhaps you can link to the other forum thread you're referring to?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

hulls
Grafter

I sync my Ipod Touch via IMAP, in this way, and don't have any problems.  In fact I have both my FOL and Yahoo accounts synced together in the "show all in-box" screen.  Didn't have too many problems. What was the problem with yours?
John
quantium
Grafter

The problem we found is that to set up POP you enter on the iPad
User: account+name
password: for the email account for that specific name
to set up SMTP
User: account
password: for the whole account
This is different from setting up PCs and not logical, but it works.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Thread locked as it has been resurrected from the dead  Grin any further discussions http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,88652.0 here please