cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hugely disappointed

christorcorr
Grafter

hugely disappointed

Seems a fairly standard tale, but waited in all day today for Openreach engineer. You can guess the rest.
No calls, no nothing.
Prior to that, my only notification he was due today was an email from Plusnet this morning at around 7am.
I've already waited the best part of three weeks and Plusnet have taken my money.
Will I now have to wait another three weeks? And doesn't Plusnet understand that people have jobs from which they can't keep taking days off.
Funniest of all, my order status says my broadband is ready to use. Brilliant.
57 REPLIES 57
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: hugely disappointed

Is this for an ADSL service or FTTC? Unless you are having a new line installed visiting your premises is not normally required for ADSL.
Have you tried ringing Customer Services to check on the status of your order?
David
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

As per previous reply ...if its just ADSL connection you may already be connected -I stayed in all day on behalf of my daughter recently because she had been told by her ISP that the BT Openreach "engineer" would need access -nobody came so I connected everything up at ~ 4pm...........to find that I had a dialling tone and her router connected -no communication from anyone!!
Thats the second time that I've wasted a day for a BT "visit" which was actually never needed.
christorcorr
Grafter

Thanks for the replies, but it's the unlimited fibe optic package.
Been unable to call the helpdesk as I'm in an area with poor reception at mo.
Did raise a query on support website, but have heard nothing back.
I know it's, strictly speaking, not PS's fault, but it's a bit of a joke.
I've been without landline/internet for three weeks now.
Sad this problem seems so common. Sadder still that it seemingly takes so long to resolve.
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

You wernt to know but pity you only posted on this forum after the event.
There are PN agents who monitor forum activity and one exceeding the call of duty may be on over the weekend. But generally they will be here on Monday!
I would recommend you browse the fora here, or do a search, to see people with similar issues and how they were resolved  Smiley
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
christorcorr
Grafter

Just off phone with customer support.
Apparently, order was barred by previous holders of the line.
Why didn't PS contact me to say this.
Been told they can try again, with no guarantee of success.
Or they can install a new line, which will cost me 50quid and could take four weeks.
So, a third party cancels my order and they only way I can be sure they won't do it again is by paying out 50quid? Is this for real?
Best of all, when ordering the package three weeks ago, I suggested a new line would be needed, but was assured this was not the case.
Customer service staff I spoke to were polite and helpful, but this is woeful.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi christorcorr,
Sorry for the initial delay with your services. When we did the initial line check it seems that we were able to transfer your current line in. We didn't get notified that this had failed until the day of your install.
It seems that you're aware of the current options available which are to try and place a transfer again or install a new line.
Sorry I can't give you any better news at the minute.
christorcorr
Grafter

Ordered a new line install only to be told, yet again, that I did not need one.
Tried explaining what I had been told in a ticket, but still have not heard back.
Order now seems to be stuck in some sort of limbo.
I have heard nothing from Plusnet. Meanwhile, I have a paid a month's line rental when I have had no service whatsoever - and the next month is due relatively soon.
How can it be so difficult? All I want is the service I paid for. I understand Plusnet is not entirely at fault, but they have offered me next to no support and I'm still no closer to having a phone or internet access.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Sorry for the delay with this, I'll get our provisioning team to update you asap.
I've refunded your first payment that you paid for your services and your next bill isn't due until the 18th November.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm just looking into this for you now.
I have had to re-place the order, I'll keep an eye on the order today to ensure this progresses. As soon as I get further confirmation on this, I'll pop you an update on this thread.
christorcorr
Grafter

If it helps at all, I understand the people who lived in my house previously had an active phone line but took the number with them when they moved out.
I did mention this when signing up with Plusnet, but was assured it would not be a problem.
I appreciate you looking into this, but it's incredibly frustrating. I placed my order around a month-and-a-half ago, if not more.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi christorcorr,
Thanks for the information. There looks to have been a problem with the previous order as we have tried to take over the line that is already there, but it looks as though we are unable to do that successfully.
I've placed a new order, which has been acknowledged by our suppliers which looks to be going through now. We should find out what dates we have available for the engineer visit tomorrow (I'll try and get the earliest possible for you) as an engineer will be required to complete some work on your telephone line and to also install the Fibre service.
I've placed a simultaneous order so we are hoping that the Fibre will be available to use by the end of the day, on the same day as the telephone line gets made available. I'll keep an eye on this for you to ensure that things are continuing to go through without any further problems, the best I can. I'll get back to you tomorrow with those dates as soon as I have them.
I'm really sorry for the delay with this, I'll do all I can for you.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Quote from: Chris
I've placed a simultaneous order so we are hoping that the Fibre will be available to use by the end of the day, on the same day as the telephone line gets made available.

Thinking about posts elsewhere around here.... So simultaneous provides ARE available.  It will be interesting to see how this customer's journey unfolds!  Will BTOR send a fibre engineer to do the phone line install or will he get a POTS engineer or be really unlucky and get a contractor?
Going to put a watch on this one!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Kevin,
Simultaneous provides are available depending on the type of telephone order that is required. We do stress, at the time of placing any simultaneous orders that they are *not* guaranteed. They aren't guaranteed as delays can happen to telephone/broadband orders for a variety of reasons as well as engineer availability.
We place these orders as they do frequently complete without any problems, which I hope the above does, moving forward. I can appreciate that simultaneous orders would be perfect if they did all work as we would expect, but realistically, it's not something that can be guaranteed.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Isn't the problem with simultaneous orders that when they (not infrequently) do go wrong you can end up with it taking longer that if it was ordered separately?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)