cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how long does it take to get DSL with PlusNet

notahappycamper

how long does it take to get DSL with PlusNet

Answer is not clear, ordered phone and BB Dec 7th, engineer organised for 24th January (line needed connecting) BB then confirmed to be ordered on the 24th (I rang up to double check) still no DSL on the 2nd Feb and having rung to get an update get told it will be 5-7 days AS IT WASNT ORDERED.....
note to plusnet - your systems need to be checked AS THEY DONT WORK AND I AM VERY VERY ANNOYED.
so in answer to my own question the time to get DSL is as long as a piece of string.
7 REPLIES 7
TicnTac
Grafter

Re: how long does it take to get DSL with PlusNet

so in answer to my own question the time to get DSL is as long as a piece of string.

Roll_eyes that was going to be my answer.
Welcome though! 🙂
Plusnet are having a few difficulties at the moment, so either hunker down for a long wait, or hop skip and jump elsewhere whilst you can! Or sit and read these forums and have a laugh and enjoy the benefits of being a Plusnet customer with problems!  Wink
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

notahappycamper,
Sorry to hear about the pretty extreme delays that have affected you here. Our suppliers do have some issues with a backlog of orders relating to phone line installs at present.
As we could have acted earlier to place your order we've expedited its completion so please expect your broadband to be activated tomorrow.
note to plusnet - your systems need to be checked AS THEY DONT WORK AND I AM VERY VERY ANNOYED.

the problem that affected you here was human error rather than being a system issue.
Any questions let me know.
Adam. 
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
notahappycamper

@ Adam
You say the error was human error and not caused by your system, this said can you explain to me why my question updates show the following form your staff
Reason for Escalation: Eu was advised BB will takes 5-7 days to complete, once phone order is complete, called up on 24th to advise us phone is active, we placed order via XML, but as the systems were down on this date this order was not processed. Advised I will now place a manual order, and this will complete on 09/02/2011. Eu was not happy as he signed up in December.

Figure the key bit is being told the systems were down was the reason my order wasnt processed... not the fact a user didnt set it up
What is then incredible is I have a phone call from your support people who tell me they cant expedite the setup of the line and it will not be ready until the 9th Feb (looking online it shows as being the 10th Feb) and you tell me you will expedite it, could you please explain which is the true answer?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

but as the systems were down on this date this order was not processed

I fear this was blamed in error, we'll be honest with you if there was a system issue, I just fear we weren't honest in the first place, apologies.
Also I have expedited your order and to confirm again it will complete tomorrow.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
notahappycamper

Thanks Adam, I shall wait with baited breath...
it is interesting though how you seem to be able to expedite the order process but yet Carl who I spoke to last night was adamant this could not be done....
maybe a review of the procedures may be required, also would be good if you have expedited that the order tracking system is updated to show this as I am still getting updated telling me that I will get my line activated for DSL on the 9th feb yet the order tracker shows the following
Activating your line
Broadband orders typically take a week to complete.
Your broadband order should complete on 10th Feb 2011 - After 12pm. Please note that this date can sometimes change. We'll let you know if this happens.

just think it would be worth updating as this could be confusing.
Once again thanks - it is raising my hopes on the support, does make me wonder how good the support system is though...
Andrew
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Andrew,
This maybe as expedites are costly for us, however we've delayed the order so I believe we should give you some recompense. I'm sorry if you feel that we've pulled the wool over your eyes however.
With regards to the order tracker, it won't update for expedites as it's only designed to cater for standard lead times, hence me setting the expectation in my reply to you here.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

As per the voice mail I've just left for you the expedite has completed and you should be able to connect pretty much straight away.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team